"This Old Saw" - The Homelite XL & Super 2 rebuild thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one is the nicest one of the 4. The anti-vibe VI Super 2 is the next, then an early Super 2, then I'm building a "sleeper" saw. If it all works out it will be a small single trigger plastic XL case with all Super 2 internals.

Wow, nice to see this thread, I've been away for a few months. Or more.... But, I have one of these, was my Grandfather-in-law's saw. Probably not ran in 25 years. Was totally brown with dust. Poured out what looked like chain oil in the fuel tank, and filled it with fresh 32:1. A shot of either and a few pulls, and she fired right up. Jacked with the carbs a bit and couldn't get it to run right, and it was not oiling. So I pulled it apart a little to find the air filter was a mess of crumbs.... probably shouldn't have started it. But I cleaned it up and pulled down to replace lines, and they were all in good shape? I'm guessing it needs a new filter, a carb kit, and a duck bill. I think I can get the parts at D&D so next time I'm there, I will. I also have it's big brother the Super XL in nice condition that need a new piston. So far, price invested, 0, number of running saws, 0. I need to get to work.....IMG_20160903_120903984.jpg

Just to clarify, the fitting with the square, it's for the oil pump, goes to bottom of tank. The other is the impulse, goes to top of tank with duckbill.
Should have used this instead of left/ right. Pic is sideways when I open it, so the left/right is mixed up depending on how you look at pic. Sorry. One can always test by quickly turning engine and putting finger over fittings.

Latest posts

Back