This seems like a good deal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodTick007

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
2017 Sure Trac 7'x14' Low Profile Dual Ram Dump Trailer Tandem 14K
Specs:
Tarp Kit Included!!!!
110V Battery Charger in Pump Box
45 Degree Dump Angle
Deep Cycle Marine Grade Battery
(5) D-Ring Tie-Downs
7-Way RV Style Electrical Plug
Welded Tubular Steel Main Frame
Ramps (Stored Underneath Bed)
Iron Phosphate Wash Steel Prep
2-5/16" A-Frame Coupler
Side Steps
Spare Tire Mount
Combo Barn Door Spreader Gate
EZ Lube Hubs
Powder Coat Finish
Tongue Mounted HD Control Box with Key Lock
Integrated Side Body Stiffening System
Rubber Mounted LED Sealed Lights
All-Wheel Brakes
Straight Axles
Underbody Secure Tool Storage
Protected Brake Wiring
Integrated Tarp Mount
EverLink - High Performance Wiring Harness
10 Gauge Floor
2K, Zinc Plated Coupler Mounted Jack
16" Radial Tires (235 80R16 LRE) 6K And 7K axles
Trailer Weight - 3,600lbs.
Price Was $7,299.00
Now $6,699.00 Plus 6% Sales Tax ($401.94), Permanent Plate Fee ($200.00), Temporary Plate Fee ($1.00), Administration Fee ($75.00), and Title Fee ($15.00), NO HIDDEN FEES!!!!
OUT THE DOOR PRICE - $7,394.94Screenshot_2017-03-03-23-05-28.png

I am not a dump trailer expert, but it seems like a lot of dump trailer for the money. I have nothing to do with this or the seller... Just saw it on craigslist and made it available to all you rich people looking for a dump trailer or two...lol

I was out the door about $1000 less on my 14' Griffin. But that has a few features mine doesn't have. LED lights, battery charger, underbed ramp storage.

Them Sur tracs are really nice. I've looked at some my dealer has and just the final product is nice and well built. I'm looking to buy a 6x12 dump trailer. Id be leary though on the dual piston,IMO if you can afford a scissor lift I'd go with that.

Been looking for a trailer but want a deck over type which gives a higher dump height.

I have 8x14 PJ deck over and they are handy as hell. We use it for hauling lumber sometimes and doors from our supplier. It sure is nice to be able to fold the sides down and load it with the forklift. We only haul split firewood in ours. I could see if you were hauling logs you might want the higher sides as ours only has about 18" sides on it. We have the scissors lift as well, always dumps the firewood, had it loaded with gravel once and it didn't really like that.

IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG

Them Sur tracs are really nice. I've looked at some my dealer has and just the final product is nice and well built. I'm looking to buy a 6x12 dump trailer. Id be leary though on the dual piston,IMO if you can afford a scissor lift I'd go with that.

I wouldn't pass over a dual piston. Thousands of them on the road every day. They also eat into your weight hauling ability since the mechanism is heavier. That's not to say a scissor doesn't have its place. But it's a bit overkill on a smallish dump trailer. Now if you want to get into a triple axle unit with a GVW north of 15000, then I would look for one.

Sent from a field

I have 8x14 PJ deck over and they are handy as hell. We use it for hauling lumber sometimes and doors from our supplier. It sure is nice to be able to fold the sides down and load it with the forklift. We only haul split firewood in ours. I could see if you were hauling logs you might want the higher sides as ours only has about 18" sides on it. We have the scissors lift as well, always dumps the firewood, had it loaded with gravel once and it didn't really like that.

View attachment 562264 View attachment 562265
That is crazy stuff right there....lol

That is crazy stuff right there....lol

That is from just splitting in our yard. Off the conveyor and into the trailer and then we go stack it. That is probably about 4-5 face cords of wood. Would never think of going down the road like that.

It doesn't seem like a terrible price the way it's optioned but I'm no expert. Mine that I built is a low profile and if I had to do it over again I would build a deck over for the same reason as posted above, to dump firewood better. I may even do the fold down sides to load it with a forklift.

Had a Sure-Trac. Powder coat lasted about 6 months before it started peeling off. Paint would come off in 2" pieces while driving on the interstate. After 2 years nothing but solid RUST. Called Sure-Trac after it first started happening, they said they would take care of it. Sent pictures, etc. went back to the dealer, you know the drill. Nothing ever got done. All it was used for was firewood deliveries. I take care of my stuff. Then all the little problems started, ram seals, redo brakes, corroded wiring harness, dump box frame rusted through after 3 years, it goes on. Finally sold it to my log truck driver, he's using it around his farm. GLAD to see it go. Got a Midsota now, expensive, but no comparison. Just my 2 cents. Body shop guy says painted are better than powder coat, hands down. Mine was used commercially, maybe personal you would have better luck. GOOD LUCK.

Had a Sure-Trac. Powder coat lasted about 6 months before it started peeling off. Paint would come off in 2" pieces while driving on the interstate. After 2 years nothing but solid RUST. Called Sure-Trac after it first started happening, they said they would take care of it. Sent pictures, etc. went back to the dealer, you know the drill. Nothing ever got done. All it was used for was firewood deliveries. I take care of my stuff. Then all the little problems started, ram seals, redo brakes, corroded wiring harness, dump box frame rusted through after 3 years, it goes on. Finally sold it to my log truck driver, he's using it around his farm. GLAD to see it go. Got a Midsota now, expensive, but no comparison. Just my 2 cents. Body shop guy says painted are better than powder coat, hands down. Mine was used commercially, maybe personal you would have better luck. GOOD LUCK.

I have an Action Dump trialer or Quality. and use it for personal and it's powder coat, will be 2 years this April, and it looks like crap the powder coating i think is great for small parts that can be properly prepped and not dump trailers that you put through a factory line to get out the door. just my 2 cents, knowing what i know now. i would pay extra for Primed and painted. since i will probably be having to do it next year now.......

A good epoxy primer goes a very very long way to deter rust... The last time I used it it could only be applied to bare metal and had the be top coated with color within 24 hours without having to be sanded. . .the stuff is bullet proof.

A good epoxy primer goes a very very long way to deter rust... The last time I used it it could only be applied to bare metal and had the be top coated with color within 24 hours without having to be sanded. . .the stuff is bullet proof.

I've seen a couple adds around here now as a additional item you can get Primer with a powder coating. but I have no idea what kind of primer they are using. and Yes i put the expoy primer on my car trailer i rebuilt and it has been very good so far very impressed

Latest posts

Back