This stuff is terrific, you must try!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
radio

radio

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Just bought a case to split with a friend. That's the oil I've been using. I've had no issue with it or the plazzebo.

My case came in today ... Of course Plazzebo is not listed on the label.

Nobody so far has noticed the joke?? Ever heard of a placebo?

"A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment. Wikipedia"

Re-look at the label I posted. :laughing: I was just trying to run with the joke that rockjock started.

radio

radio

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Why someone would penny pinch 2 cycle oil is beyond me. IF that micron or 3 layer of oil is all that is protecting your piston from mating with your cylinder i would think you would splurge and spend the extra pocket change to get the best oil you can. Makita/Dolmar do not make the oil, they get it from some 3rd party. Even Stihl has on the bottle it is from castrol.

Buying a high quality oil at closeouts prices is not penny pinching. Makita is having a fire sale on the Dolmar branded oil to clear it out of the marketplace as they have closed down the Dolmar brand. I have no doubt that the Makita branded oil is the same as that in the Dolmar marked bottles.

Del_

3% Neanderthal...... 2% Denisovan
. AS Supporting Member.
Nobody so far has noticed the joke?? Ever heard of a placebo?

"A placebo is a substance or treatment with no active therapeutic effect. A placebo may be given to a person in order to deceive the recipient into thinking that it is an active treatment. Wikipedia"

Re-look at the label I posted. :laughing: I was just trying to run with the joke that rockjock started.

The real joke is on those who feel they have to explain the joke to others.

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
According to the previous link I posted Spectrum blends the oil for Dolmar/Makita.
As stated it was some time ago It seems that European saw manufacturers tend toward Euro Oil Blenders. When Makita snuffled up Dolmar & likely the contract expired perhaps Makita already had deals going on with Spectrum There are a lot of corporate back scratching going on. If the end product is good & the price is right it really matters not to the end user who does the blending. It's just I've continued my interest in who "brews" what since my 2smoke bike road racing days.