This Week's Firewood Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was right with that until we got to the part about the Fiskars. Those suckers would be going on my splitter.
I get all the exercise I need doing that. Hardly break a sweat.

Absolutely!

Really? I mentioned it elsewhere, but I picked up a fairly cheap used Huskee 22 ton recently. It did a nice job on some white oak limbs (22"!) that I could not break with the fiskers or the maul. That being said, wrestling those big rounds into position (even vertically) seemed like it was nearly as much work as splitting by hand. Judging by how soaked my shirt was when I was done, it wasn't a cake walk.

I did some slightly smaller red oak by hand earlier today...wasn't as fast, but seemed roughly the same effort. The splitter sure was nice when I got to the hickory rounds though.

You guys lost me when you started suggesting a Fiskars to do the splitting. I have been meaning to get one with the 36" handle to try, but these chunks are harder than hammered H_LL! I use my splitter in vertical mode so I don't have to lift them onto the beam, I just find a piece to sit on behind the splitter and move the chunks from one side then toss he splits onto a pile after I get them split, it is a system that works well for me. Perhaps I should have named this thread, My Firewood Acquisition, to avoid any confusion about the definition of the word "score". I will do better in the future

Steve

I aint raggin on you SAX.

I really do feel left out though down here. I'd have a small stove in our little beach house but it just doesn't get cold enough around here among other things like a concrete tile roof and loss of the space for the little use it would get.

I have an Atlanta Box #29 for the Woodsmoke Lounge if I ever get to where I want to install it.

Latest posts

Back