thoughts on 372xp or 575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new 372xpw with a 24" bar. It is slightly tip heavy. I suspect a 20" would be perfect.

saw-um said:
I have a new 372xpw with a 24" bar. It is slightly tip heavy. I suspect a 20" would be perfect.

It is on my 372xpg.:rockn:

Maybe it would help some on the balance with the 24", to use an Oregon Pro-lite (laminated) - they do list them, but only in .050, I believe.......

Last edited:
It has been a while but I thought I would add my .02

I have a 575XP and I have been very happy with the saw. I have had mine for almost two years, I got my 575 from Bailey's. I use a 20 inch bar for just about everything however, I do have a 32 inch bar that I have used several times. I was suprised how well the saw cuts with the 32 inch bar. I was cutting through some huge maples. The 32 inch bar goes through white pine like a hot knife through butter. The 32 inch bar really throws off the balance of the saw.

It is important to note that on the 32 inch bar I do use skip tooth square ground chains. One the 20 inch bars I have been running round ground bumper link safety chains, that i got really cheap from Bailey's. I would not recomend the safety chains becuase wheneven I go from the 32 inch bar to the 20 I feel like the 20 inch is cutting a lot slower.

One thing that stopped me from buying the 575 was the weight of the saw. Thats why i opted to go with the MS-440, BUT i would still like to try or even purchase a 372 to see what its like. I only bought the MS 440 cuz i didn't have to wait for the saw and i needed it now. If some of the dealers had some 372XP's still in stock, i woulda grabbed one. Oh well:bowdown:

The 575 is fat. Seriously when you use it the saw balances pretty nice and is really smooth. I never found the extra weight to be a problem. I suspect this is the same with the 441 but I am not opening that can :taped: I run 372's, 440's, 575's most of the time. I change them up as each saw has it's own personality and strong points especially when they are woods ported. When I am paid by the board foot I run ported 372's or 440's most of the time. When I am getting paid by the hour I run the 575's for the smoothness and the fuel economy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back