Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a few forms and emails to Jonsered stating that I was interested in becoming a dealer again if Tilton was out of the picture. I will let you know if I ever get a reply.

Later
Dan

Its been almost a month and I have not had any type of reply.
Maybe my email went straight to Tilton. I can only hope that they saw it.
I will call Willand today.

Later
Dan

Here's a couple of "real" pictures of the 2260 from another thread.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think it looks pretty good...maybe a little more black and a little more open area on the starter cover? Is that what you're looking for?

The fact of the matter is the general strategy with the husky to jonsered conversion of the 3xx saws seemed to be square it up and make it red and black...as the saws get kinda rounder and more angular rather than square the extra plastic associated with doing that would probably require more materials and thus be heavier. And SawTroll, you know how you'd feel about that.

Last edited:
I believe it is the shape (and placement) of the label that really is "disturbing" me - but I guess I will get used to it, and I didn't really notise it when I had one in my hands (2253). :givebeer:

Btw, it looks (from the specs) like the couple of extra ounces still are there - time will tell. At least the cat mufflers are history, also in the US! :msp_biggrin:

I strongly dislike the design of the starter cover of the Jonsered versions of the 5xx saws, but that's just one opinion.....

Ya know, you're getting kind of fussy as you get older. :tongue2:

I think the new Jonny design works real good. The starter and top cover flow together and are well integrated. She's a looker IMO. :smile2:

Can I still get a possum?

Why would you want one?

Brush tail or ringtail?

If I'd had welding gloves on tuesday night, I could have grabbed a juvenile ringtail (I think it was) off the front fence at home. Was putting stuff in the car, heard noise behind me and there were 3 of them..... Parents in lead, juvi stopped and looked like he wanted to jump into car!

Anyway, now back to saws....

I think the new Jonny design works real good. The starter and top cover flow together and are well integrated. She's a looker IMO. :smile2:

So is there a 2262 and will that be available too in the US?

It will be interesting that the 560 will only be available in jonsered livery, at least for the time being, in the US

So is there a 2262 and will that be available too in the US?

It will be interesting that the 560 will only be available in jonsered livery, at least for the time being, in the US

I don't think there is a large mount version being considered for Jonsered. I understand the logic behind going that way for Husky, since it makes it easier for guys who wish to run longer bars. We can order them with 28's right from Husky, and I've sold a couple with 28" tech lites. The fact that the Jonny has the other mount is cool in that it makes them a little more different.

Not that I'm implying anything here but..................the saw on the cover of the 2013 Husky catelog is a 560XP. In answer to the obvious question I was told, "That's just because they took the pics in Sweden" We shall see. :msp_wink:

Maybe I'm just trying to convince myself that I don't want one? they are really hard to resist! :msp_scared:

:laugh::laugh:

Not that I'm implying anything here but..................the saw on the cover of the 2013 Husky catelog is a 560XP. In answer to the obvious question I was told, "That's just because they took the pics in Sweden" We shall see. :msp_wink:

:cool2:

Let me also toss this in:

There are SIXTY different product codes for me to order 562's. I can order XP's, XPG's, XPW's, and XPGW's in as muich as 18 different bar and chain combos for each power head. Yup, 60 of 'em. So, on one hand they certainly aren't opposed to offering lots of options. But on the other hand, do we really need to duplicate that with the 560?

Yeah, why not. Let's have more saws! :msp_w00t:

Let me also toss this in:

There are SIXTY different product codes for me to order 562's. I can order XP's, XPG's, XPW's, and XPGW's in as muich as 18 different bar and chain combos for each power head. Yup, 60 of 'em. So, on one hand they certainly aren't opposed to offering lots of options. But on the other hand, do we really need to duplicate that with the 560?

Yeah, why not. Let's have more saws! :msp_w00t:

Are all of those bar and chain options "pre-pack" and in stock or if you order say something with a 24" 050 or whatever do they throw it in the box when you order it? Or do the bars and chains just come separately?

I know the Gs and the Ws come from the factory that way, but I'd imagine having 60 different pick points in a warehouse for each and every flavor would get to be silly. And would probably lead to a lot of out-of-stock arrangements a lot of the time.

Are all of those bar and chain options "pre-pack" and in stock or if you order say something with a 24" 050 or whatever do they throw it in the box when you order it? Or do the bars and chains just come separately?

I know the Gs and the Ws come from the factory that way, but I'd imagine having 60 different pick points in a warehouse for each and every flavor would get to be silly. And would probably lead to a lot of out-of-stock arrangements a lot of the time.

All of the B&C's are shipped in different boxes. Can't get anything bigger than a 16" in the 562 box.

I would assume each product code is broken into different part numbers at the warehouse. For example, the code for a 562XPG w/ 18" .058 consists of part numbers for an XPG Powerhead, 18" .058 Bar, and 18" .058 chain.

Latest posts

Back