Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is going on in the Upper Midwest?

I was led to believe that Pace (who is this areas Redmax Dist) was going to be my J-red dist. Called in early Feb and was faxed all the paperwork to set up an account. I got the phone number of the local rep from another dealer in my area who sells Scag mowers and J-red saws. Talked to him on Tuesday and sounded like things were progressing slowly forward. Was away from the shop Wed thru Sat for an Ariens dealer snow meeting. Got in this morning to catch up on some paperwork and find a packet from Hayward Dist. in Columbus Ohio saying that they are my new distributor. Sure seems like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and the longer I go without parts and wholegoods the more my customer base will suffer.

would it be a money saver to the mothership if jonsered slowly dissapeared?

I know several dealers around here dropped(a much nicer word than they used) pace in the past year, and it does not bode well locally for jonsered right now. Just watching and listening to jonsered customers at a local shop makes it evident what a bad position the dealers have been put. Plenty of irrate customers.

I saw a sign at treemonkeys "If it's red leave it in the shed". Not sure if Scott put it up or if a customer got ticked. It was done in crayons.

The brand likely would be gone already if it was. Also remember that the Jonsered brand is about more than just the US market.
I choose to see this as more of a new start for Jonsered in the US, than as the beginning of the end.....

The brand likely would be gone already if it was. Also remember that the Jonsered brand is about more than just the US market.
I choose to see this as more of a new start for Jonsered in the US, than as the beginning of the end.....

i would like it to work that way, and was starting to notice redheads myself

hope it works out, but lots of resentment around this area for what has happened so far, and not improving much yet

i would like it to work that way, and was starting to notice redheads myself

hope it works out, but lots of resentment around this area for what has happened so far, and not improving much yet

There alway will be some "pain" involved in a process like this, but it likely could have been handled a bit better? :msp_confused:

The local Chicken Supply Co. gal said the new stuff was in the back she just hadn't set it up yet. She said "probably tomorrow," that was a week ago. Huskys were getting "bought back," she said. No deals to be had, what a shocker. Is there a pile of JRed in the back or what?

The big 2013 TSC catalog I just picked up has no Husqvarnas in it......and has a one page spread in the middle stating that Jonsered saws will be sold at TSC stores starting in 2013. There are still a couple consumer Husqvarna saws on the local TSC shelves.....and no J-Reds yet.

The big 2013 TSC catalog I just picked up has no Husqvarnas in it......and has a one page spread in the middle stating that Jonsered saws will be sold at TSC stores starting in 2013. There are still a couple consumer Husqvarna saws on the local TSC shelves.....and no J-Reds yet.

Went to TSC a few days ago for their Customer Appreciation Sale and looked at the same catalog. The chainsaw page was blank. Said Jonsered was coming in April 2013. Might be able to get a good deal on the Huskys remaining on their shelves. I hate to buy chainsaws from box stores, but I can be bribed.

Went to TSC a few days ago for their Customer Appreciation Sale and looked at the same catalog. The chainsaw page was blank. Said Jonsered was coming in April 2013. Might be able to get a good deal on the Huskys remaining on their shelves. I hate to buy chainsaws from box stores, but I can be bribed.

The TSC's in my area don't have any Huskys that I'd want. Now if they had a 390XPW at a 'closeout' price......:D

Just as much chance of that happening as TSC selling a 2188 once they start carrying Jonsereds...

The TSC's in my area don't have any Huskys that I'd want. Now if they had a 390XPW at a 'closeout' price......:D

Just as much chance of that happening as TSC selling a 2188 once they start carrying Jonsereds...

About as likely as finding a Husky 372xp at TSC. Filled out a chance for a drawing. However, should I be unlucky enough to win a Husky 455 or 460 Rancher from TSC, I figure I can always palm it off on CL. A small saw I might keep.

I know several dealers around here dropped(a much nicer word than they used) pace in the past year, and it does not bode well locally for jonsered right now. Just watching and listening to jonsered customers at a local shop makes it evident what a bad position the dealers have been put. Plenty of irrate customers.

I saw a sign at treemonkeys "If it's red leave it in the shed". Not sure if Scott put it up or if a customer got ticked. It was done in crayons.

FWIW Husqvarna did exactly that here.

Jonsered is gone forever from Australia, even though they were popular in heavy logging states such as Tasmania.

I was led to believe that Pace (who is this areas Redmax Dist) was going to be my J-red dist. Called in early Feb and was faxed all the paperwork to set up an account. I got the phone number of the local rep from another dealer in my area who sells Scag mowers and J-red saws. Talked to him on Tuesday and sounded like things were progressing slowly forward. Was away from the shop Wed thru Sat for an Ariens dealer snow meeting. Got in this morning to catch up on some paperwork and find a packet from Hayward Dist. in Columbus Ohio saying that they are my new distributor. Sure seems like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and the longer I go without parts and wholegoods the more my customer base will suffer.

Both Pace and Hayward distribute RedMax products, the RedMax dealer for my area is listed on the Pace site under RedMAX, Husqvarna dealership. If I go to the Hayward site and choose the BobCat heading it will show a local different dealer, Stihl dealership. The closest Jonsered dealership on the Pace site is about 30 miles away, never heard of it. Hayward does not have any RedMax dealership closer to me than WV. and still does not have Jonsered listed as a brand.

TSC still has Husqs saws on the shelf, they are not on sale. The Husq trimmers are on clearance at 10% off, have been for a while.

Last edited:
TSC still has Husqs saws on the shelf, they are not on sale. The Husq trimmers are on clearance at 10% off, have been for a while.

A few years back, Home Depot cleared out all of their snowblowers in the spring at a price so low that I had to buy a new one, even though the old one still worked (but it was 10 years old).

I asked an employee recently about that since they still had several on the floor. He said, "It's up to Toro - they still own them". So some of the saws in those big box stores may also belong to the manufacturers who 'rent shelf space', versus being clearance merchandise for the retailer. I don't know how it works with TSC.

Philbert

A few years back, Home Depot cleared out all of their snowblowers in the spring at a price so low that I had to buy a new one, even though the old one still worked (but it was 10 years old).

I asked an employee recently about that since they still had several on the floor. He said, "It's up to Toro - they still own them". So some of the saws in those big box stores may also belong to the manufacturers who 'rent shelf space', versus being clearance merchandise for the retailer. I don't know how it works with TSC.

Philbert

TSCs have certainly tightened up the ranks on the Husqvarna products I would not be surprised at all if it was a vendors contract, they all seem to have exactly the same vendors pack now days, and it is a small pack compared to a few years ago. Very similar to what I would call the Lowes vendor pack. All used returns were being put back on the shelf at 10% off as well. If you ask now about Husqvarna products the answer is "only what is one the shelf". Certainly different than before.

Last edited:
I agree. I would be interested in selling Jonsered again if Tilton is out of the picture.

Later
Dan

Hey I'm new to the site and have been doing a lot of reading but I have not found anything spicific on where to find parts for Jonsereds saws. I have a 2095 I need a p&c for is Baileys a good supplier?

Thanks for the help :msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back