Timber Bear not starting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know man. Did you try disconnecting the kill switch like someone suggested?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Didn't see that.
I did ohm out the switch and it tested out fine. Not sure if the wires good or not.
Might bite the bullet and buy a coil and hope that's the ticket.
I really appreciate the help.

Didn't see that.
I did ohm out the switch and it tested out fine. Not sure if the wires good or not.
Might bite the bullet and buy a coil and hope that's the ticket.
I really appreciate the help.
I thought someone said they were having similar issues and replaced the kill switch and cured their problem. Could have been in a different thread.

I thought someone said they were having similar issues and replaced the kill switch and cured their problem. Could have been in a different thread.

I did find it after you mentioned it.
Even though it tested out ok, its cheap enough to throw one on and see what happens.

I did find it after you mentioned it.
Even though it tested out ok, its cheap enough to throw one on and see what happens.
Yeah, or just unhook and make sure it's not touching anything. If it starts you'll just have to choke it to get it to stop.

If the ignition is O.K. (chances of two bad coils is slim) and you have fuel but no ignition even with 140 PSI compression it could be one or both crankshaft seals are so bad they won't allow the charge to transfer from the crankcase. Try pouring 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed fuel directly in the spark plug hole and see if it will pop.

Mark

If the ignition is O.K. (chances of two bad coils is slim) and you have fuel but no ignition even with 140 PSI compression it could be one or both crankshaft seals are so bad they won't allow the charge to transfer from the crankcase. Try pouring 1/2 a teaspoon of mixed fuel directly in the spark plug hole and see if it will pop.

Mark
Have tried that as well. No change. It's honestly mind boggling

I am down to my last bit of advice,and it is a long shot.Try twisting the plug wire a little bit before reconnecting to the plug.My only other advice would be disconnect the ground wire from the kill switch going to the coil.If I lived closer to Wisconsin,I would buy that saw from you just to hit it with a sledge hammer.

I remember as a kid my dad putting a coil in the oven .I dont know what the coil was off of or if his attempted fix worked.I was a kid many many years ago.I just done a little studying on that though and they say to "bake" a bad coil for about 2 hours in an oven set at 200 degrees.

Also did you just buy the same plug. Could have been wrong to start with.
Looked up the proper one. NGK BM6F
I remember as a kid my dad putting a coil in the oven .I dont know what the coil was off of or if his attempted fix worked.I was a kid many many years ago.I just done a little studying on that though and they say to "bake" a bad coil for about 2 hours in an oven set at 200 degrees.
Really? Coil wire and kill switch wire won't melt?
Wife would be pissed if I smoked up the oven lol

Champion DJ8J is the default and most commonly available. The DJ6J will also work but is a slightly colder plug.

The kill switch wire will unplug at the coil and doesn't make the trip into the oven, but both wires will certainly withstand 200 degrees F, just look where they live their whole life. I don't think you have two bad coils (both are tan in color, correct?) so I would be looking elsewhere. To try and eliminate the kill switch wire as the culprit you will need to remove the starter cover and disconnect the wire either at the coil, or at the switch. It is quite possible that the kill switch wire has some insulation missing and could be grounding out on the engine somewhere.

Mark

Back