Time for a little Christmas Giving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic is blurry check out this one.
attachment.php

Man!! That sure did turn out purdy with that orange!!! :rock::rock:

So nice ya hate to use it. :laugh:

Looking forward to some action pics (preferably video ;)) of these!

Andy, ya got a contrasting screw shackle picked out for it? Maybe a blue one? :cool2:

What brand of paint is that, and is it just straight enamel?

ZRC cold galvanizing primer then 5 coats valspar bright orange. I have some chrome plated shackles that have a 3/4" pin but they dont quite fit thru the hole. I am going to try a 3/4" reamer to open it up some. How hard is this metal, I havent tried it yet.

ZRC cold galvanizing primer then 5 coats valspar bright orange. I have some chrome plated shackles that have a 3/4" pin but they dont quite fit thru the hole. I am going to try a 3/4" reamer to open it up some. How hard is this metal, I havent tried it yet.

Fairly hard, but nothing a reamer wouldn't handle. Low speed is your friend! I wanted to over bore the holes, and I thought I had a big enough reamer here, but I don't. :(

Andy, that Hardox comes about 49-51 Rockwell. . . To put it in perspective, a wood chisel will be around Rockwell 59.

Here's a thought on them hooks. . . They could be ran upside down too, for shackle only, or ran hook up, and the rope fed through the shackle then onto the hook. Or ran upside down hook only, and it would put the pulling force closer to the center of axle.

Just thinking out loud. . . Wondering about the versatility.

After mine gets cleaned and painted, I'll show you versatility. It will be used as a battering ram. Sick and tired of people backing up into my truck:angry2:.....retribution will be swift and violent with that thing leading the way!:rock:

Shea

Grandpatractor was going to check his PO box today for his hooks. . . No word from Rick (RiverRat2) yet on his.

Will's is probably still at the boarder in customs, while some boarder guys are putting them on their trucks and saying they're 'lost'. :laugh:

Mine will get the standard gloss black from Wally world. .99$ a can. All my hitches get hit with it. Doesnt stand out to thieves as bad. Also did the bumpers on the Ford with the same paint. Nice to knock down a few trees, spray it down, hit it with the spray bomb and nobody ever knew the difference.

Latest posts

Back