Timing issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:nofunny: I learned by looking it up; that a "bole" is the trunk of a tree.
Interesting.
I learned that toothpaste is not only for brushing my toof too.:D
I'll try it sometime on a flywheel.

I put a BR600 flywheel on a couple months ago during a wrist pin siezure, and piston replacement.
Just as I reached full torque, the end of the crank sheared off, - nut, threads and all.
fu..........@$!!!!
Muttering curse words under my breath and shaking my head, I went ahead and buttoned everything up. :mad::dumb2:
It has the starter hub built into the flywheel, so it takes torque from the starter, so i didn't vest much hope in it holding up.:(
Amazingly though, it's still seeing daily use at my inlaw's lawn service.:surprised3::surprised3:

Ok so it's been a while since I posted on here, finally got the saw back together (waiting on other parts) I took the recommendation to use a little toothpaste on the crank if flywheel key is sheared. And I did that and let it set for a few days and went to start and fired up 2nd pull and has continued to start and run awesome. Thanks for the tip did the trick, flywheel was rotating out of time before.

Ok so it's been a while since I posted on here, finally got the saw back together (waiting on other parts) I took the recommendation to use a little toothpaste on the crank if flywheel key is sheared. And I did that and let it set for a few days and went to start and fired up 2nd pull and has continued to start and run awesome. Thanks for the tip did the trick, flywheel was rotating out of time before.
What flavor?

Latest posts

Back