Tips & Tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
magnetic parts dish for parts, ive got 3 or 4 of them. right now one is full off enough bolts to put together two 044's and the other has few 359 bolts and screws

they also work well when wrenchn on cars, you can stick them on the under side if the hood and stick bolts on it as your puln the aterpump out or valve cover

magnetic parts dish for parts, ive got 3 or 4 of them. right now one is full off enough bolts to put together two 044's and the other has few 359 bolts and screws

they also work well when wrenchn on cars, you can stick them on the under side if the hood and stick bolts on it as your puln the aterpump out or valve cover

Evan, I got dozens of them and for each saw I pull apart to see what is needed all the small steel parts/bits go in the dish, it gets packed up with the rest of the saw and dropped into a Rubbermaid tote, snap on the cover and then gets shelved. Sometimes there is a dozen or more saws waiting for parts and it would be a nightmare if they were not organized, also write down some notes in case it is a while before all the parts are found. This helps when the saw is pulled up for reassembly, gives me a heads up after months or even years between teardown and reassembly. Some of the old vintage saws I do take a long while to accumulate enough parts for a rebuild. Best to label each tote as to what saw is inside, helps as the parts come in they get dropped into the proper container and get scratched off the required list.
Pioneerguy600

Do your compressor and air tools a favor and do not have your equipment outside. The moisture will destroy your investment in short order. At the very least buy a moisture trap and mount it as far from the compressor as possible.

I was going to build a little hut outside for my air supply and plumb in the air because I have a small shop also. Now, you got me to thinking it isn't such a good idea. Thanks:dunno:

I have found it handy to keep my son around when working on saws He is an ASE master tech. When I hit a snag and can't figure something out he is normally pretty handy. As a bonus he can lift a lot when cutting wood. I have thought about cloning him and selling the duplicates but the buyer would have to feed him so that greatly reduces the affordability of such a valuable tool.

I forgot one of my favorites.

A Digital Camera - Take a pic in case you forget!

Thanks for all the info and there are tips I'll use. As for the air comp outside, it will be in it's own "side shed" if you will and I do have a drainage system on the tank. I've got a shop right now but as usual you can't hardly walk around in it because of a tractor, outboard, and a couple of car engines in various stages of repair. This little shop will have heating and air cond and will be a place I can work when the temps are 100 like the past week. I'm afraid this is also going to like putting 10 lbs of stuff in a 5 lb sack...sorta a Dolly Parton shop.

Pick yourself up a set of these. They are invaluable in doing saw work!

WTK_L.jpg

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=WTK&catID=264

Back