Tired of winter and the bad weather.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hunt

I pretty much hunt middle of September through middle of Febuary. Just like burning your own wood, cleaning, prossessing, cooking, and eating your own game is a big reward for me. I am just starting my winter projects now and hope to have them done by gardening time.

I work seven days a week in the summer so the winter is fix stuff/sleep time
plus plowing snow this year has been crazy.

I agree with Wood Doctor and Excaliber; this winter has been downright balmy. I can take the cold better than the heat and have been just wearing a sweatshirt or t-shirt for most of the days at work. I wore shorts and a t-shirt to the doctor the other day and never felt uncomfortable (24 * and sunny, light breeze). I even let the stove burn out today. The only thing about winter that I hate is the dry air and short days, but short days equals short work days so not all bad (except payday :poop:)

Yea this weather sucks!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/escondido/92025/forecast-month.asp?mnyr=1-01-2011

well not entirely accurate, it's about 4 degrees hotter and colder where I am at than the rest of escondido. :p

But seriously man, I wish I had as much free time as you do! And the know how as well. I usually only have 2-3 hours in the dark to get anything done when I get home, and thats only if I stay up till 1 am or later and wake up at 7:30. You should be proud to have accomplished so much! I'm supposed to be studying programming books, doing taxes, some computer crap, fixing resume, preparing for job interview and I have 1000's of pages of technical reading to do on multiple subjucts that so overwhelming I never seem to get motivated enough to start. So although it's been nice outside, I only enjoy it for about an hour while I am at lunch (trying to read a book in my car away from the office). You still get WAY more done than I do, and I have not had any real "free" time since I bought this house.

Of course then there is the weekends, those have been fun, I really wish I would have went to the beach last weekend instead of working on crap around the house and shopping for food. Ruff!

Last edited:
My job has me (or can have me) outside 52 weeks a year... on towers, roof tops, grain silos or anything else up-in-the-air. The "Cabin Fever" syndrome doesn't really hit me. The body sort'a acclimates to where the cold doesn't bother much and you learn how to dress warm, but loose so you can work. I spend my weekends outside doing pretty much the same thing I'd be doing spring threw fall (except cutting the damn grass). When it drops below zero, or the wind is blowing, a fella' just pulls his cap down onto the ears and turns his collar up. <shrug> I am gettin' sick of moving snow though, and wading through it to cut wood for the stove.

It's hard to believe I haven't "stuck" the pickup yet and needed to winch it out... had it sittin' in snow up to the headlights last weekend when I chained up the dead tree I'd just dropped... put it in gear and walked right up to the trail. 'Course it was -17 then, wouldn't try that today, the weather has warmed up to +20 or so (sweat-shirt weather)... that snow would suck it in, never let go.

Heck, if'n it stays above +15 this weekend we might just have a B-B-Q over the fire-pit... if'n I can find it under all the snow.

Latest posts

Back