TN get together June 18th /build off testing date

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you that can't make it, go to ustream and search for wendellWI on Saturday morning. The video stream from the GTG will be there assuming it all works the way it should.

I can use the webcam but would like to get the better quality of a video camera so doing some research tonight on what software you need to make your computer think a video camera is a webcam.

After spending a little time watching the Decorah eagles, I thought it might be fun to video stream the GTG (or at least the build off) and checked with Terry and it is possible.

I have an older webcam I can set up and can set up an account with ustream but if anyone has ever done anything like this before or has a better camera we can use, please let me know.

I've got an older Panasonic that records to digitape, I'm sure with the right connectors it'll feed directly into a computer (never tried it). It's what I used for the vids of the TX GTG a few years ago.

The thing is modern digcams that are vid capable (most are these days) would probably give you better image quality.

The quality of the webcam isn't actually too bad and I don't have time to figure out how to make the video camera work so I think I will just go with the webcam.

The quality of the webcam isn't actually too bad and I don't have time to figure out how to make the video camera work so I think I will just go with the webcam.

You don't have a young teenager around :laugh:? Everytime my wife needs something complicated done with her cell phone she has one of the kids at the school do it.

Terry do you want saws that we're bringing in person to be empty? I just thought about that if I don't get mine run dry before friday evening.

Anybody coming to the GTG gonna bring a tachometer? I would like to put one on my 3120 just to make sure its tuned right. Those things are to expensive to rebuild to trust it by ear.

Boy oh boy, i wish i had never made that post! I've been getting some of my saws out this week to make sure everything is running right for Saturday when i remembered that i hadn't fixed the idle screw on my 3120 carb from the last GTG. Drug it out and while fixing the carb i checked the intake side and pondered on the rough marks on the intake. I had seen them before but never thought to pull the muffler to check the exhaust since the saw has always run so well. Figured what the heck, so i pulled the muffler and the piston looked good so i pulled the rope to check out the rest of the P&C when i noticed that the ring ends on the piston facing out the exhaust. I thought, Hmmm thats strange, i thought that was a No No to have rings ends inside a port. About 1.279 seconds later i realized what was up. Shined a flashlight across the top of the piston and could vaguely see a arrow pointing towards the intake. I will let you use your imagination as to what words came from my mouth after that. Pulled the jug off and the top and bottom edges of the rings are rounded off pretty bad and the worse part is the top and bottom of the exhaust port are both chipped pretty bad with the coating gone. This sucks BALLS! The cylinder might be salvagable, i will bring it Sat. to let some more experienced people check it out. Now where did i put that jar of shine at?

Well preston that sucks for sure. :censored:Maybe the cylinder is alright and can be reused. That's an expensive saw to have to rebuild. :msp_unsure:

I was thinking it would look good coming home in my truck saturday. Don't really know what I would do with it but I'd like to figure it out.

Latest posts

Back