tn gtg jan 29th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better be one heck of a cake :) haha

Really wont know anything till a little bit closer, but its really not that far off.

Is this a work/hot saw GTG? Or are older ones invited too

its what ever you want to bring,all of my saws are warmed up work saws. there nothing special. but there fun to run with short bars and sharp chains.

Alright.
May have some worked over by then...
:monkey:

May have to take the 72" off and stick about a 20-24" with a 8T on the 3120 and the 084 with a 8T and 25"

SP thinks he has discovered a way to sharpen chains to make them fly... We will have to see

i find the best way to make a fast chain is to call buddy and order one.

Last edited:
i use round, filed by hand. i wanted to get into the square stufbut after dragging it with a skidder i dont think the saw would cut good for long.

i use round, filed by hand. i wanted to get into the square stufbut after dragging it with a skidder i dont think the saw would cut good for long.

Id say your right. Ive never used any square and wouldnt know were to start at sharpening it. I may get a loop of it to play with.

Id say your right. Ive never used any square and wouldnt know were to start at sharpening it. I may get a loop of it to play with.

I've wanted to try my hand at it also. Might be something we can tinker with while we are all together.

I hope that the weather cooperates when you all hold the gtg,the weather has been crazy so far,I hope it tames way down by that time :)

If some of you guys want some square full comp to run I'll bring several bars and chains if I make it. That's all I'm running right now on all my saws. It's 3/8s .063 so a lot of people don't have bars it will fit. I got decent at filing but picked up a silvey swing arm now so I'm grinding everything.

the stuff im logging has limbs the size of your leg and the ice didnt bite nothing off of these things. wish it had of took some limbs off.it would make it easier on me limbing.

If some of you guys want some square full comp to run I'll bring several bars and chains if I make it. That's all I'm running right now on all my saws. It's 3/8s .063 so a lot of people don't have bars it will fit. I got decent at filing but picked up a silvey swing arm now so I'm grinding everything.

You have a large mount husky bar for the .063? Is the square that much faster than a good round filed in the hardwoods that we have?

square filed will be the fastest cutting off the roll but will also be the fastest dulling,full shisel will be right behind it and not as fast to dull and then the semi chisel will be the slowest cut but will also stay sharp the longest. its 6 of one half dozen of the other.

I know there isnt nobody around me that uses it. When I thought about trying some before I checked around looking to see if someone knew how to sharpen it. Half the saw shops I talked to didnt even know what square ground chain was.lol

If you look at the Sthil chain we use it's square from the dealer. Most times I round it after it dulls but I've come up with a new method and it works pretty good so far.

Back