tn gtg jan 29th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a piped saw in my future now. I need to get a tig setup at home so I can build one.

That 056 you had was a good runner. It sure had the torque to lean on it.

Well I don't have mig either. I like tig as it makes so much prettier welds. I ahve everything but a machine and bottle of argon to do it. I would like a machine that would do aluminum too. That might be out of the price range.

Yeah the old 056's dont do the big revs but they do have grunt.

A tig setup would be cool to have. We have a Miller 251 at the shop with an aluminum spool gun, but I struggle with the aluminum welding.

We ran a lot of aluminum mig on the last job I was on. It's aggrivating to get it set up running good, but when it does it will make nice welds.

Carl the Junkyard 066 was a beaut compared to that ol Jredavarna of mine.

I enjoyed running all the saws, although I have a few sore muscles from cranking all of them.

sometimes saw technique will win the race over a little faster saw. carl is pretty smooth with his cut and change over and that cuts time as well as having a strong saw cuts wood. i think what carl has in mind for his next 066 will be a beast of a saw and will feel just as strong as any saw in the cut.

I hope to get that stuff boxed up and off to you soon Terry. Maybe I can get another junker up and running before we do this again.

I would have liked to put a longer bar on your saw Carl and seen if it was stronger than mine. It's hard to get a good feel in the cants. I would have never thought Terrys 372 would beat the 460 from running them in the bigger logs on the ground. Maybe I just need to build a cookie cutter. My 660 is a great work saw. The 395 went to a new home a little while ago. I'm sure who got it will be on here to tell about it when he gets home.

I would have liked to put a longer bar on your saw Carl and seen if it was stronger than mine. It's hard to get a good feel in the cants. I would have never thought Terrys 372 would beat the 460 from running them in the bigger logs on the ground. Maybe I just need to build a cookie cutter. My 660 is a great work saw. The 395 went to a new home a little while ago. I'm sure who got it will be on here to tell about it when he gets home.

Whine whine. You ain't got nothing to whine about that 660 was a monster. I really liked that thing.

For enough saws or green backs I can hook you up with a beg red squarewave if you can drive it. Wimpy welder.

The 660 is a good runner for sure. We might have to work something out on that welder there.

fellas im tearing down a 066 right now that will get my woods port and be ready for the spring go round. lol i cant be left out on the 90cc class next time. im going for a sweep. rofl

Had all intentions of going, but had to work. They had been trying to get everything done during the week and let us off on the weekends but it just couldn't happen last week I guess. Glad you guys had good weather. Looked like a great time with great people. Lot of good lookin machines to!

Latest posts

Back