tn gtg jan 29th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joe whenever you have your next gtg i think that ill try and make the trip. but if i come over there im coming loaded for bear. saws a blazin, im gonna build a fast saw for that 84 to have some competition with.

Hey man ya'll just come on anytime. We hope to have 1 maybe 2 newer ones by then. That's the only bad thing about one that big, not alot of um around.
I got tickled when we got home LP was showing mom the pics. and vids. he did. He told her he won his class, then told her he was the only one in it. The youngen ain't right.

joe whenever you have your next gtg i think that ill try and make the trip.

+1 Id like to head over that way too. I think I found some old 066 race parts. Fella inheritated (I know that aint spelled right) a bunch stihl stuff. Said he got 2 066 and a 038 and had 2 boxes full of race pipes, pistons,jugs and carbs. He dont wanna sell the saws, but im gonna check the other parts out. May just be a bunch of junk though.

yea when is it i'm trying to get a good saw to bring this time i know i will be able to make it this time and thats a promiss to take to the bank :msp_biggrin:

That sounds good to me. I might be home then. I might be up in your state here in a few weeks. If I go it will be on the lake side at kewaunee power plant.

I need to hurry up and get another saw put together then. :msp_smile:

well jd i may have to have a spring gtg and a summer gtg for the long hauling crowd

yea when is it i'm trying to get a good saw to bring this time i know i will be able to make it this time and thats a promiss to take to the bank :msp_biggrin:

well i might have to take a rain check on that one i'll be good to drive that far but maybe the next one i'll get to go

I'm ready!!! :)

I have you to thank for the new craze in the Possum Woods that boy has gone porting wild. He's done the little poulan that somebody left and never came back for and now I have to watch him like a hawk when he's in the shop. He keeps lurking around on may side of the saw rack around all my Stihls and I'm worried he's going to get his butt kicked by the Fat Man if he grabs one of them.

Look what ya'll done and done.

once you go ported you cant go back. lol hopefully my nitro alky 026 will be done for the next gtg after he sees it youll sure enough have to watch him

Ah he can have at it I'm just giving him a hard time.
I'm just tickled that someone his age is out there in the shop with me porting saws and causeing trouble for me. He could be doing a lot worse things.

I made a pretty neat copy of the race chain on the 084. My first attempt turned out good I think. I got it done and would you believe out of all these saws I had to go buy a used bar to try it out on. We didn't have a thing it would fit and I used an old chain that was just hanging around. According to smarty britches I should have got a drive link count chain to match all these bars. Oh well.

That's about like what I've got right now. I've got 8 bars for one saw right now. I've got 2 bars and 1 chain for it. It doesn't really matter since it's a husky mount for now. I hope to have time to get another saw put together to play with by the next GTG.

I think we have something around 120 or more bars on saws or hanging and could not find a single one to try my new toy chain on. That's bad. Most of ours are 20"and up not a short one to be found.

Back