To Buy, or not to buy a 362?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodbreaker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm thinking christmas is coming and the saw shop has a shiny new 362 Stihl. $700 Out The Door, not sure how good of a deal that is? He ate the sales tax but that's it. Penciled the numbers and it wouldn't take long to pay off. My boss I worked for last winter called me back to work part time. But last year started off part time too and ended up being 48 hours a week. I'm looking to upgrade from a 391. A little less weight and a little more horses. The only problem is the girlfriend made me promise that if I buy the 362 I have to give her the 270.

It's a really nice saw. That price seems a little steep. I think I've seen them for 629 with an 18" bar. The 440 weighs within a couple ounces and has a good bit more torque. Just throwing that out there.

Good deal 362 for 270, but ST is right 562xp is better than the 362. either saw is better than the 391 so have at it.

Buy it, I have one and love it. I opened the muffler up and give it a propper retune and it rips through the locust and oak like its mad at it. Great saw imo. 270 is a good saw too, but almost same weight as the 362 and a hp less. Don't let that discourage you aginst the 270 cause its a good saw and I killed many trees with mine until I traded it for the 362. If thats what the misses wants it will make her a great saw. You will both be happy with your new saws imo

There is no good reason to buy that one, since the 562xp exist. :msp_wink:

I don't remember the MS362's being recalled back to Germany or VB. and still having several other issues after that.. The MS362 is a fine saw, get one if you like it.

I like my 362, but I'm going to add a 562xp just for the AT(and the trio). Now, if I only could get a rear handle AT in [email protected]!

Last edited:
I don't remember the MS362's being recalled back to Germany or VB. and still having several other issues after that.. The MS362 is a fine saw, get one if you like it.

well that could be because there's nothing new about the saw:confused2:

I own a 562xp and love it but would not feel the least bit slighted if I had a 362 instead. Both are good saws. The only thing I notice is that the Stihl saws are easier starting, both cold and hot.
Do you have to give the 270 to your GF for keeps or just to use? If just to use, shouldn't be a problem unless she wants to do foo foo stuff to it.

well that could be because there's nothing new about the saw:confused2:

I hear you, but crankcase bolts and gaskets aren't new break-throughs. I like the 562xp myself, but the mindset by alot on here is the best saw is the lightest, fastest, most expensive ect.

I hear you, but crankcase bolts and gaskets aren't new break-throughs. I like the 562xp myself, but the mindset by alot on here is the best saw is the lightest, fastest, most expensive ect.

I agree. The 362 doesnt get it fair shake around here. I feel alot of the people downing them havent ran a well broken in 362. Grab ahold of one with about 30 tanks through it and a muffler mod and it'll really surprise you. I've always liked them. The 562xp is an awesome saw, but you can't take anything away from the 362.

I agree. The 362 doesnt get it fair shake around here. I feel alot of the people downing them havent ran a well broken in 362. Grab ahold of one with about 30 tanks through it and a muffler mod and it'll really surprise you. I've always liked them. The 562xp is an awesome saw, but you can't take anything away from the 362.

+1

a good friend of mine has one, I sold it to him cause Stihl is king to him and I make him eat chips when I help him cut with my 562. as a matter of fact one of the reasons I bought the 550 was to give him a fighting chance :yoyo: 362 good quality saw will last a long time and he's happy, as long as I leave my saws at home:msp_biggrin:

a good friend of mine has one, I sold it to him cause Stihl is king to him and I make him eat chips when I help him cut with my 562. as a matter of fact one of the reasons I bought the 550 was to give him a fighting chance :yoyo: 362 good quality saw will last a long time and he's happy, as long as I leave my saws at home:msp_biggrin:

I throw my chips with 372xpw's and 441c's :D But I've ran a few 362's that may make you want to leave your 562xp at the house. ;)

I throw my chips with 372xpw's and 441c's :D But I've ran a few 362's that may make you want to leave your 562xp at the house. ;)

stock vs stock I doubt it. Mod vs stock in same cc class, whats the point? There are some nice modded 362's out there though;)

362's r runnin 680.00 here. 461's r 999.00 !!! There not cheap here either.
Squeeze tht dealer for all you can lol then buy the 362. After 30 tanks, MM that thing and enjoy.

If you can swing it, I'd go witha 440 or 441 for probably less than $100 more. I can get either one for under $800 so why go with the 362 that isn't much different in power than a 391. $700 seems high to me for a 60cc saw. Check several different dealers for price.

Latest posts

Back