to sell or not to sell

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allstihl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
a "normal" winter for me is about 20 face cord. this winter I may go through 30 . there is no seasoned wood to be found in this area . I have about 20 seasoned sugar maple for next year and people are offering everything but their virgin daughter for it . I give some wood away , but have never sold any . the thought of parting with wood is painfull , but the $s are getting mighty attractive. what to do, what to do.

i'd keep it unless you were really really really hard up for money. money is like a drug the more you get the more you want. there will never come a time when you have enough. time is whats really precious. you cant ever get your time back.

After I joined here I made myself get years ahead, so I can let some go now and then, but not much. They way I do it is real labor intensive including hand splitting, so.....not much, but some.

Thinking about it, right now, I am four years ahead of what I call my personal stacks, all mixed species, plus another around 3 cord cushion of mostly oak, then a full cord of pine, and another around 2.5 cord of oak and hickory "extra" I could sell.

I'd have more, but this past year I have just beat on myself and haven't been able to cut and split as much as I originally set out to do.

a "normal" winter for me is about 20 face cord. this winter I may go through 30 . there is no seasoned wood to be found in this area . I have about 20 seasoned sugar maple for next year and people are offering everything but their virgin daughter for it . I give some wood away , but have never sold any . the thought of parting with wood is painfull , but the $s are getting mighty attractive. what to do, what to do.
your in the drivers seat. i would sell only in 1/2 or 1/3 cord amounts. you have it they want it.$$$. they help you load in their truck.$$$. win win for you and maybe some new saw money.:happy:

ps. i'm getting $75 1/3 cd. and $100 1/2 cd. they haul. we can't split fast enough.

Back