Toasted my clone ms660 on amsoil at 100:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the logic in more oil makes more power? Is it added octane? Is it an oxygenator?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
OK if you will really listen to logic and not just apply your own ideas, I will attempt to answer this:
1. more oil seals better at the rings
2. Oil does burn and make some small gain up to a certain point (just as diesel has more BTUs)
3. added oil causes less friction on moving parts and less friction is free horsepower.
4. Years ago the Kart racers did dynamometer tests that showed the best horsepower was 32:1

What is the logic in more oil makes more power? Is it added octane? Is it an oxygenator?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Ring seal for higher pressures, and higher combustion temperature. The oil also helps transfer friction heat. And less frictional loss. Now real thick oils can add some resistance, especially in small low horsepower engines that don't get hot enough to thin the viscosity. Now this is still a two-stroke so it's not like running thicker oil in a sump, but it does have some affect. Different oils affect combustion differently, Bel-Ray H1R seems to inhibit combustion is small engines.

OK if you will really listen to logic and not just apply your own ideas, I will attempt to answer this:
1. more oil seals better at the rings
2. Oil does burn and make some small gain up to a certain point (just as diesel has more BTUs)
3. added oil causes less friction on moving parts and less friction is free horsepower.
4. Years ago the Kart racers did dynamometer tests that showed the best horsepower was 32:1
I believe it was like 16:1 not that it matters lol.[emoji111]

Lead interferes with the calcium transmission and absorption. Once in the brain it binds to receptors blocking calcium, literally interferes with thought process. This is an irreversible damage. It lowers brain function permanently.

Lead also does a similar thing to bones, the younger the person the worse it becomes. Also irreversible. A lifetime of brittle bones.

Rectal cancer, colon cancer, and pancreatic cancer as well as the typical liver and kidney cancers, are common lead exposure ailments. Again the younger the exposure the worse the outcome. Think of brain damage and cancer as your gift to your children if you knowing expose them to lead.

The government very carefully covered its ass when dealing with lead since the government is the largest reason why everyone in this country has been exposed to lead. The government literally made the people it governs less intelligent.

Blood disease, also irreversible. Tooth decay, oral cancers, etc..

Iv swallowed more lead split shots than anyone iv ever meet but I’m still alive. Been making my own lead sinkers for 20 years and still here. Lead is like asbestos. It’s just a government and state money maker. I have my asbestos license and know the in and outs of the system. But you go to Canada where they mine it and people been working in the mines for 40 years with no ppe and are fine. Mesothelioma is nothing more than lung cancer with a scarier name that means sue people and get rich

I can tell you have been exposed to lead.

I believe that this very subject was covered in a "Dyno thread " and 40:1 made more power.
I was only interested why someone would want to use higher than 50:1 ? I used to watch Leon's chainsaws video's on YouTube, after he restored a vintage homelite he ran the 100:1 in it and immediately roached it. That was enough for me not to try it .

Lead interferes with the calcium transmission and absorption. Once in the brain it binds to receptors blocking calcium, literally interferes with thought process. This is an irreversible damage. It lowers brain function permanently.

Lead also does a similar thing to bones, the younger the person the worse it becomes. Also irreversible. A lifetime of brittle bones.

Rectal cancer, colon cancer, and pancreatic cancer as well as the typical liver and kidney cancers, are common lead exposure ailments. Again the younger the exposure the worse the outcome. Think of brain damage and cancer as your gift to your children if you knowing expose them to lead.

The government very carefully covered its ass when dealing with lead since the government is the largest reason why everyone in this country has been exposed to lead. The government literally made the people it governs less intelligent.

Blood disease, also irreversible. Tooth decay, oral cancers, etc..
Must be why all these diseases are nonexistent? Now that lead has been removed from every day life.
How in the world did we start arguing about lead? In a thread about mix oil ratios, lead isn't even available in chainsaw mix oil!
If people in America want to buy lead and eat the hell out of it ,I say God bless you because I'm absolutely certain Alcohol has killed more people then lead and you can still buy it make it and drink it. I wish the rest of humanity would stop trying to protect me.
PS :the government doesn't care about you and they have better lawyers.

Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that occurs in a layer of tissue in the mesothelium, could be the lungs, heart, stomach, testis, etc.. It is most commonly associated with asbestos, or asbestos like fibers. They can test for asbestos, as it can be helpful in determining treatment.

Must be why all these diseases are nonexistent? Now that lead has been removed from every day life.
How in the world did we start arguing about lead? In a thread about mix oil ratios, lead isn't even available in chainsaw mix oil!
If people in America want to buy lead and eat the hell out of it ,I say God bless you because I'm absolutely certain Alcohol has killed more people then lead and you can still buy it make it and drink it. I wish the rest of humanity would stop trying to protect me.
PS :the government doesn't care about you and they have better lawyers.

Lead is omni present in the USA, it was not. The best thing we can do is try to minimize exposer as much as can be tolerated.
No one is arguing about lead, you are wrong, very wrong. No one is trying to protect you, some are trying to protect others from you.

Lead is omni present in the USA, it was not. The best thing we can do is try to minimize exposer as much as can be tolerated.
No one is arguing about lead, you are wrong, very wrong. No one is trying to protect you, some are trying to protect others from you.
AGREED! ....so you like the 100:1 ratio then?

Your mistake was thinking the amsoil caused your failure .... you have witnessed cheap parts failure. Amsoil was tested back in 1975 when they first came out with saber. At yes your reading it right 300-1. 100 -1 is plenty rich for even a properly modified saw. Your saw most likely suffered from an air leak and a non experienced ear that did not notice the difference under load , big end rod bearings fail in the fashion you describe by overspending , if it was an oil failure exaggerated wear would occur yet still not disintegrate. Don’t be so quick to point fingers is all I’m saying here.

I generally run 32:1 in all of the 2 cycle equipment. No interest in brand of oil, whatever is cheap. I generally stick to oils for air cooled engines, as long as it is on hand. Do not care if it is synthetic, semi, or not.

Premix is 40/50:1, only used in engines that are going to storage or folks homes that get the tool and a can of premix as mixing/storing their own seems problematic for them.

I grew up in a house with lead pipes as many others on this site did. The amount of lead u have to be exposed to do due damage is a lot

The amount of “damage” is dependent on many variables, such as age, diet, type of lead exposure, amount of exposure, duration of exposure, etc.. It does not take “a lot” to do damage compared to no lead. Weirdly, lead piping was considered relatively safe compared to other environmental sources, however became more of an immediate concern with changes being made to water treatment, delivery and source issues.

Damage is defined in variables as well. Does anyone really want to knock a measurable amount of IQ off their kids potential? Damage is almost never immediate for example moderate exposure in the womb does not often become obvious until a couple years after birth.

Every person in this country has been exposed to lead. Not something to take pride in.

Just came across this thread, For what it's worth, I'm a small Amsoil dealer and love there products.
I had a 98 Honda CR250 and a 2000 CR125 and ran there oil at 100-1 with absolutely no issues. Either
racing motocross or riding sand pits. Never lost a motor or piston. To the op i would say you had a bad
crank from the get go. Not the oil.

It probably simply boils down to the pre-dilution formula as the raw oil is not very liquid and hard to dose. If the oil is formulated to be mixed 50:1 use 50:1, if it says 100:1 then it is 100:1.
Many home center oils state a range (25:1 to 50:1), most probably just a sales line to catch the 25:1 users. I use those at 50:1 for regular applications and at 40:1 or a little more oil for milling and really hard stuff. No defective anything so far...
Mixing a 25:1 spec oil at 50:1 is probably not a good idea, though.

It probably simply boils down to the pre-dilution formula as the raw oil is not very liquid and hard to dose. If the oil is formulated to be mixed 50:1 use 50:1, if it says 100:1 then it is 100:1.
Many home center oils state a range (25:1 to 50:1), most probably just a sales line to catch the 25:1 users. I use those at 50:1 for regular applications and at 40:1 or a little more oil for milling and really hard stuff. No defective anything so far...
Mixing a 25:1 spec oil at 50:1 is probably not a good idea, though.
Doesn't quite work that way.[emoji111]

People who sell a product will always have good things to say about the product. I've seen Amsoil fail at 100:1 with my own two eyes. But I'm just one guy, so take it for what it is.

Back