Todays Fun!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Some of you know my son in law Teiva ("T" ).
Works for the forest service and loves cutting & falling. I keep him in saws and does the real work!
He and our daughter have 10 acres and a little house they are planning on remodeling using wood from the property he will be milling with his new band saw mill. Today he and a real logger friend dropped 5 good sized firs then cut them into 40' lengths and staged them where he will be setting up the mill. Because of the tight area, power lines which had to be dropped and the steep slope the trees were on, a neighbor's Cat was used to be sure they fell in the right area. 4 were right on and the other was only a little off.
Here are a few pictures of the fun!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More to come along with the videos......Bob

Even More Fun!

Here's the rest I hope!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm ending with a picture of his new band saw mill.
Hope you enjoy the pictures......And for those of that are always curious about the saws; Todd and his dad pete brought 2 Stihl o44's with 3/8 skip on 28" bars. Good runners! I brought all Husky's. A 50, 256/262, 66, and the 281/88. All modded... It was a GREAT DAY :cheers: ....Bob

Nice pictures

The fun thing about fir is the clean up after the logs are gone:greenchainsaw: The cat sure makes things easier.

Nice... but you have to stop showing pics of the great weather we have in the PNW... Last thing we needs is more guys moving here:mad:

They were calling it his little Cat. I never really looked. I'm going back tomorrow and get some fire wood while doing the clean up. Since there won't be any real loggers there I might take some Poulans......:greenchainsaw: Bob

Videos are now up on YouTube. Just search; farley9n. They will be the newest!

Last edited:
Nice... but you have to stop showing pics of the great weather we have in the PNW... Last thing we needs is more guys moving here:mad:

yup it's 12 degrees here in NW indiana

Nice pics, a neighbor with a machine is always nice. My neighbor has a splitter and I use it more then he does:)

Looking good Bob, looks like all of you got out there and had some fun. What a great place to live too, I lived there for a while in the early 90's and absolutely loved it.:clap:

Yeah, I was gonna say it looks like spring there! I know better, though. That is probably the only sunny day you have had for a couple weeks :monkey:

Don't worry, I was there to experiance your weather firsthand , the first week of august for a week and I wasn't dreading returning to Indiana when the time came.

To the OP, thanks for the great pictures.

Oh yes, August 2008, all of it.... Not our shining moment..

Last 10 days... only 1 day of rain (the day I has to pour concrete on a 2:1 slope!!!). No killing frost yet... Still haven't dug the dahlias and the fushisa are still flowering.

Last edited:
Nice work. I wish I had a winch cat or at least something better than my 800cc quad to yard firs around!! I knocked down some 3' fir snags for firewood today. I'd rather turn the big snags into lumber too, so I guess at least an Alaskan Mill is on the way.

Back