Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of Broken Hill, Aaron I was shown an article on Silverton today in the latest 4wd advertiser (can't remember what it was called) and showed the Madmax car still out the front. Unless this is false advertising of late!

Oh OK, so no drinking till Broken Hill you say Matt?

So if you come over this way does that mean I'm to stock up on the Lavazza?

id call it false mate, new owners have a vw beetle now dressed up to look tough out the front! frasers interceptor is in the museum undercover. whole lot of nasty went down when the pub was sold! quiet funny really

Another Veedub to add to the Silverton collection aye?

Yeah right, drama's aye? Used to be a hoot!

whole lotta bull went on and frase got stiffed big time! mind you his new wine bar has caused quiet a stir, but i can tell ya the full story when ya up here

:laugh: If you only saw the SMS I received today :msp_thumbup:

Heh heh. Yeah you, Al, and Wayne got similar texts mate. Just thought I'd fill you guys in with a bit of chainsaw goss :)

Oh OK, so no drinking till Broken Hill you say Matt?

So if you come over this way does that mean I'm to stock up on the Lavazza?

Well actually Al I was joking. I'm on my 3rd stubby as we speak.

I guessed as much. :D

Heh heh. Correct once again Rickmeister :)

stubbies matt! hell im suckin on a cask of coolabahs finest! hopin to get me sum lovin tonight:D but expecting hot tongue and cold shoulder:msp_sad:

haha rick true that! avatars for a big fella that hung round our quarry for ages till some bastard shot him! im all for culling but when your 9ft tall you get a nod and a free pass from me

haha rick true that! avatars for a big fella that hung round our quarry for ages till some bastard shot him! im all for culling but when your 9ft tall you get a nod and a free pass from me

Yeah I agree mate. A massive Red Roo is a pretty awesome sight.

Anyway a couple more videos. First one is of the 390XP and second one is the 660 again, including a thrown chain when it hooked a bit of dry, hard bark...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3ly53RLGYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YprawJ1vV58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice one Matt,sh-t happens,ya not bad getting paid to make videos some people have good jobs.
Dont go wearing that 660 out :smile2:
Keep the vids and pics coming we love em.

That 660 is a bit of a beast !:msp_w00t:
Thanks for the great pics and vid's.....I love the fact that this thread is still around!

Hey don't worry Andrew, it won't be getting worn out thats for sure ;) The video camera doesn't take long to set up as it's on a tripod and all I have to do is line it up and hit the button. Oh and I'm pretty well my own boss out here which is pretty cool ;)

That 660 is a bit of a beast !:msp_w00t:
Thanks for the great pics and vid's.....I love the fact that this thread is still around!

It is most certainly a beast and not much seems to slow it down! No worries about keeping the thread updated either. Glad you're enjoying it and I certainly enjoy updating it when I can :cheers:

Matt, why do you choose to cut one stump and not the next few?

Because you need to get the herbicide onto the stump NOW.

If you cut two or three stumps then go back to the first, the chances of a decent uptake of herbicide is drastically reduced, almost to zero as I'm guessing the tree tries to seal itself with sap.

I'm not too clear on what action a plant takes when wounded like that, all i know is you don't have much time to get the herbicide into it.

It's what we do with woody weeds, slash with a brushcutter and paint the stump instantly.
Contractors have a spray setup on their brushcutters so that as soon as they cut they hit the wound with a squirt of herbicide.

Latest posts

Back