Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After you posted that picture of Hoges in the Stubbies, I was worried you might post a picture of a bloke in Speedos - you could get the forum shut down by doing that.

Hey Matt, pretty cool thread, i've surfed through most and enjoyed your stuff, couple of things, I will use my 200 for ANYTHING, felling, pruning, sucker cutting, I love 'em. Heaps of grunt and quick to sharpen. Earlier this year i had tendered a job for ARTC that involved increasing line of sight for train drivers at rural crossings, needless to say the majority of trees were casurinas, thankfully it was cut and leave, just slash 'em down a bit if they were biguns to keep ol mate farmer happy. Quite a few sites were previously done and it was just a lot of regrowth/suckers, one in particular had hundreds of the little b@st@rds, they all had to be poisoned. I got jack of spraying each and every one of these little stumps, so i tipped out my bar oil and poured in straight roundup!! away i went choppy choppy. Well i went back a fortnight ago to check the results and what do ya know, worked a treat! prob around the 90% mark.:cool2: not as cheap as my usual bar oil but saved a heap of time, oh and no residual effect on the saw either,gotta love the 200's.

Last edited:
Rick please stop talking about budgie smugglers. It could get the whole of Arboristsite shut down by the feds :D

Hey Matt, pretty cool thread, i've surfed through most and enjoyed your stuff, couple of things, I will use my 200 for ANYTHING, felling, pruning, sucker cutting, I love 'em. Heaps of grunt and quick to sharpen. Earlier this year i had tendered a job for ARTC that involved increasing line of sight for train drivers at rural crossings, needless to say the majority of trees were casurinas, thankfully it was cut and leave, just slash 'em down a bit if they were biguns to keep ol mate farmer happy. Quite a few sites were previously done and it was just a lot of regrowth/suckers, one in particular had hundreds of the little b@st@rds, they all had to be poisoned. I got jack of spraying each and every one of these little stumps, so i tipped out my bar oil and poured in straight roundup!! away i went choppy choppy. Well i went back a fortnight ago to check the results and what do ya know, worked a treat! prob around the 90% mark.:cool2: not as cheap as my usual bar oil but saved a heap of time, oh and no residual effect on the saw either,gotta love the 200's.

Yeah as you've probably guessed I use my 200T for everything as well. Cool idea on the Glyphosate but I hope you rinsed out your case well with water? Glypho is a pretty corrosive acid and chews out metal like there is no tomorrow.
The species of Casuarina that sucker make a real mess. They just don't seem to stop!

I've known Fred for about 15 years - still don't trust the bugger. Seems like all the successful politicians are the same. Now take that Bob Brown fellow, that last name could just as well be his politics if he could find a constituency that would vote for it.

I've known Fred for about 15 years - still don't trust the bugger. Seems like all the successful politicians are the same. Now take that Bob Brown fellow, that last name could just as well be his politics if he could find a constituency that would vote for it.

Good old Bob Browneye. Now there's a trustworthy character...

Don't tell me that old buggar is still alive???

He's still in the NSW Upper House !

One of his staffers got pinged for web surfing p*rn late last year on a parliamentary computer.
They claim it was for 'research purposes only' :laugh:

Chainsaw content.

I broke one of my spikes on Saturday (at the weld)
I was too heavy handed reefing the saw out of a pinch :rolleyes:

We better be a little careful, I don't want this thread to go to the Political forum, I don't really want to have to ask for the key into there, it scares me too much :msp_scared:

Don't worry, the discussion about Brown is all about loggin' trees - heck, you should see his office, he has this big 4' by 8' picture of clear fell logging in Tasmaina.

We should all get together some time over a few beers and I will tell you guys some real **** about Ozzie politics. Good thing I spent some time in a combat zone, otherwise it would scare the crap out of me.

Gorilla, please.

Ahem...

Bloody knuckle dragging rock ape :D

Don't worry, the discussion about Brown is all about loggin' trees - heck, you should see his office, he has this big 4' by 8' picture of clear fell logging in Tasmaina.

We should all get together some time over a few beers and I will tell you guys some real **** about Ozzie politics. Good thing I spent some time in a combat zone, otherwise it would scare the crap out of me.

I think we'll need more than beer Terry :(

I make my own vodka. When Rick sends me the disc on identifying eucalyptus trees, I will return a bottle of my home brew.

A fine drop, made from dextrose sugar to minimise excess broken chains, the 'head' removed to eliminate the methanol and then soaked for three days in activated charcoal. If Rick approves of the drop, I provide unlimited bottles as we dive deep into the bowels of the cesspool of illusions.

I make my own vodka. When Rick sends me the disc on identifying eucalyptus trees, I will return a bottle of my home brew.

A fine drop, made from dextrose sugar to minimise excess broken chains, the 'head' removed to eliminate the methanol and then soaked for three days in activated charcoal. If Rick approves of the drop, I provide unlimited bottles as we dive deep into the bowels of the cesspool of illusions.

You should have asked me Terry. The original Euclid disc is mine yet it seems to have spawned numerous copies :D I'll accept only a mere 3 bottles of your finest Vodka ;) I do indeed love Vodka...

You should have asked me Terry. The original Euclid disc is mine yet it seems to have spawned numerous copies :D I'll accept only a mere 3 bottles of your finest Vodka ;) I do indeed love Vodka...

hahahaha, that disc keeps having kittens :D

My burners on the fritz ATM so I have to see my neighbour and doco/video maker mate to help out.
I've already bribed him with a copy too :laugh:

Latest posts

Back