Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't cost me much, and you can save some for friends when they come over. Make up some story about how it was distilled from chainsaw droppings.

I'll send one to Rick as soon as he sends me a PM of his address.

You're only getting one bottle Matt. The bloody packaging and post costs were more than 10 times what it costs me to make the stuff.

PM your address, I pop another bottle in the mail tomorrow.

If we have a GTG, it would be better if a couple of you blokes sampled the brew just to make sure it was fit for consumption. I'd hate to bring a dozen litres of the stuff and nobody would touch it.

Matt-

I just watched the video of you dropping the dead gum with the 3120 and 42" bar...Looks like you could sit on that saw and it would laugh it you! lol. It appears to have a TON of grunt behind it...Did you send it off to Mr.Snelling for special treatment?:rock::msp_thumbup:

Paul

You're only getting one bottle Matt. The bloody packaging and post costs were more than 10 times what it costs me to make the stuff.

Nah that's fine Terry. I know what Australia Post charges mate even for small parcels. They need some competition like the US has...

I think MCW is trying to say he may prefer something that has soaked in an oak barrel for 10 years first. ;) I know I would.

Good old Oak Barrels :)

Matt-

I just watched the video of you dropping the dead gum with the 3120 and 42" bar...Looks like you could sit on that saw and it would laugh it you! lol. It appears to have a TON of grunt behind it...Did you send it off to Mr.Snelling for special treatment?:rock::msp_thumbup:

Paul

Hi Paul.
As Wayne mentioned above the saw is completely stock. It is the Australian version though so has the 12,000rpm limiter compared to the US delivered 3120's 9,800 (odd) rpm limit (my apologies to everybody for any other comments I've made that the Aussie version has a 12,5000rpm limiter - I was wrong :( ).
The other thing that made it look as if it had even more grunt than it really has is that 50% of the cutters had been removed. The chain I ran in the video is normally reserved for milling and in all honesty didn't supply as much load to the saw as it looked. It is certainly a gutsy saw though. 20" bar or 60" bar, it pretty well pulls them all the same :D Likes to drink lots of fuel though...

I've done brandy from grapes and it still comes out clear. Perhaps I need let some distillate sit in some oak chips to pick up a bit of color and taste.

As far as commerical hard liqours, we have them all here. Every ANZAC Day I have a couple of shots of Jim Beam after the march - kinda a tradition with my mates.

Cooper_s_Extra_Stout.jpg

:cheers:

what do you fellers have for brown liquor?

Baileys Irish Cream and Kahlua old son (not). Good to see you here again Randy :)
We pretty well have what you have mate - Jack Daniels, Johnnie Walker Scotch, Brandys, Rums etc.
We do however have a native rum called Bundaberg Rum. This is generally drunk by the unemployed or other "assets" to society and quite simply makes people fight lots (I'm ducking as we speak if there are any Bundy drinkers here!)...

I've done brandy from grapes and it still comes out clear. Perhaps I need let some distillate sit in some oak chips to pick up a bit of color and taste.

Maybe the clear colour is simply pure Ethanol? :D

Every ANZAC Day I have a couple of shots of Jim Beam after the march - kinda a tradition with my mates.

Good onya Terry :cheers: All servicemen have my utmost respect.

Thats not Liquor Wayne!!! Good stuff though ;) Especially now the weather is cooling down...

Kahlua? I make a drop using Colombian Coffee that is better than the original. If you had said something previously, you could have had that in the mail.

I guess we'll have to have a GTG for everyone to sample some goodies and then rate them - probably won't be able to get it right on the first go, but we can keep repeating the experiment until we get it right.

Kahlua? I make a drop using Colombian Coffee that is better than the original. If you had said something previously, you could have had that in the mail.

I guess we'll have to have a GTG for everyone to sample some goodies and then rate them - probably won't be able to get it right on the first go, but we can keep repeating the experiment until we get it right.

You seem to be getting more legendary by the minute Terry :)
GTG sounds good. We'll have to sort something out. I'll start loading up on logs...

I love my whiskey and favor Beam. Vodka is good, I had a Russian buddy who had all kinds of flavored stuff, the black pepper cuts through the cold.
That Bundy must be like malt liquor, a nasty beer like fluid, very rank, mule piss.

let me finish this rum off matt and take out my good tooth and tie me mullet back then we best step outside:laugh:

As for Whisky I was into Scotish single malts, but haven't had one for a long time.

Actually, untill 6 months ago I hadn't had a drink for a bloody long time, but I'm onto a third (or is it fourth ?) mug of red (cab/merlot) tonight :D

Latest posts

Back