Todays project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
Got this idea from WJ's gtg. Being I didnt have any metal on hand and only have a stick welder. I did the next best thing IMO, use wood. Now I can cut 4 fun even more and have a use for some of my big poplars on my land.

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:
Got this idea from WJ's gtg. Being I didnt have any metal on hand and only have a stick welder. I did the next best thing IMO, use wood. Now I can cut 4 fun even more and have a use for some of my big poplars on my land.

Pretty neat set up but how ya get those big logs up on it? I see ya got some pancakes laying on the ground there to. You Cut4Fun, cool, I do at times too.................

Lifting them by myself and thats just a small one laying by the barn. Just had to give it a quick try. Just hope the ole back dont give out lifting them. After cutting at Eric's gtg on the rack. i just had to do better then stacking the limbs across each other.

Cut4fun said:
Lifting them by myself and thats just a small one laying by the barn. Just had to give it a quick try. Just hope the ole back dont give out lifting them. After cutting at Eric's gtg on the rack. i just had to do better then stacking the limbs across each other.

Well dont mess up ya back, get a helping hand with those logs. Ya know looking at that set up it would be great for racing saws. Get the log hanging over each end of it and ready set go at each end, would be fun as hell......

Now why didnt i think of that. Oh the family gtg is going to have a new event this year on july 4th. We do axe throwing , tomahawk throws, clay pigeon shoot, and the old stand by horseshoes. But looks like chainsaw racing is going to be added this year. Of course we will have to get out the sun dial for timing purposes for my saws. Side to side might work if we had a judge.

Great setup.....you have given me a idea.....i like to get out cut pancakes......just like to play....:greenchainsaw:

Instead of lifting the logs why not roll them over to the stand (or drag em), lay the stand over on its side, strap the log to the stand and pull it upright with a vehicle or tractor?

All you would need to do would be to pound a couple of stakes in the ground to hold the base in place and she should stand right up.

This is if your logs are big enough to warrant this...

Cut4fun said:
Now why didnt i think of that. Oh the family gtg is going to have a new event this year on july 4th. We do axe throwing , tomahawk throws, clay pigeon shoot, and the old stand by horseshoes. But looks like chainsaw racing is going to be added this year. Of course we will have to get out the sun dial for timing purposes for my saws. Side to side might work if we had a judge.

Object of the race is to put a guy on each end of the log and say go. The pancake that hits the ground 1st is the winner. To be fair the guys trade saws to make sure its not the guy but the saw that is winning. I've done it and its alot of fun....

that sounds fun thall.....only if i had someone around that would run a saw:censored: thats a great idea gotta love it.

lovetheoutdoors said:
that sounds fun thall.....only if i had someone around that would run a saw:censored: thats a great idea gotta love it.

It is alot of fun and it shows as well who can run saws better than others. I raced a guy once. We had a 026 and a 025. We ran them and I had the 026 first and won. We traded saws and this time I had the 025 and won again. Just goes to show the boy was pushing down on his saw way too hard while I was letting mine cut..................

Thall im not to far from virginia......ill just ride on up and have a blast...

lovetheoutdoors said:

Well come on. Hell I got a bunch of saws ya can grabb or bring ya own. We'll get us some others round here that i know and have us some NASTREE racing, lol, Come on...............

LOL man that sounds great .....ill pack some saws up and and make it a vacation:clap: .......where are you located at......maybe we could get some guys together and do this somtime.

lovetheoutdoors said:

RT95 North, to RT17 North to Warrenton, to Rt 29 North, to RT15 North to Leesburg. I'll have the log ready...............

i will save the directions......when you get some fellas together let me know maybe i can sneak out of work and drop in :cheers: ill see how far i am from leesburg.

lovetheoutdoors said:
LOL man that sounds great .....ill pack some saws up and and make it a vacation:clap: .......where are you located at......maybe we could get some guys together and do this somtime.

Now ya gotta understand its not a matter of my saw is faster and better than your saw because the saws get traded back and forth. Ya take two saws of about the same size and go for it and then trade. It really does show who is really running the saw right. If ya use a stop watch and one saw you will see there is a big differance in how people put that saw through a log. To get top speed requires that specail touch of not to push but just enuff to keep it top rpm and smooth it thur the log. Its alot of fun and skill too......

Im sure you have more skill than i do ....but hey i would enjoy every minute of losing or winning......what kinda of saws do you usually use cc range?

lovetheoutdoors said:
Im sure you have more skill than i do ....but hey i would enjoy every minute of losing or winning......what kinda of saws do you usually use cc range?
All my junk, oooooops, Stihl,lol, are completely stock. I have about 16 of em out there in the shed. I got some 024's, 025's,036,046,064 and a new old 051. Even got a little 020T. They all completely stock, no ported or anything. Of all mine I think that 046 is the fastest but when trading back and forth its who's hand it's in when its the fastest is what makes it fun. Ya know years ago me and guy were sawing up a log pile. He had the biggest Echo made , a 8800 I think and I had a big ole 540 Homelite. He said we should race these things. I said ok, lets do it, all in fun. We had one log sticking way out of the pile about 3-4 feet up off the ground, perfect waist high. We got up to it and he took the end block, I was inside of him about 3 foot up the log. We took off sawing and I got thur first. When the block dropped he went down with it to the ground cause he was still in the cut and couldn't get his saw out as the block went down. It was funny as hell. We did it again and he made me take the end block but he didn't get a chance to drop me for I got thur first again. If ya ever race saws side by side never take the end block, always stay on the inside to aviod being dropped to the ground. A week or so later I was back over there at that pile of logs he had and one of his friends had just bought a new 064. Course we had to do it and he beat my ass 3 times in a row. All in good fun though............

LOL thats funny, i have a few saws....huskys are 345,359,2100,L77....stihl ms660 and sold two other stihls..... and also have about 10 other homeys and pioneers. Man i just realized i gotta stock up on a couple of stihls im getting low:chainsaw: By that time i will have others....im hoping.

Latest posts

Back