Todays project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovetheoutdoors said:
LOL thats funny, i have a few saws....huskys are 345,359,2100,L77....stihl ms660 and sold two other stihls..... and also have about 10 other homeys and pioneers. Man i just realized i gotta stock up on a couple of stihls im getting low:chainsaw: By that time i will have others....im hoping.

Hell you don't need anymore saws. Sides whatever you throw in the log I'm gonna get my hands on it too,haha. Saws out running other saws is neat and fun but what is really fun is when the user out runs the other user with the same saw. Thats when ya get all the bragging rights. No doult some saws of equal size are faster than others but not by a whole lot. When the user makes the differance he's the one that can strut like a ole rooster and rub it in , all in fun. Sides ya never know, hell there might be a nail stuck in the end of your block if ya get all sassy,lololol. Gotta take it for what it's suppose to be, just having some fun............

sounds like to much fun to pass up......when you have a free weekend let me know in advance.....i would like to join on this

lovetheoutdoors said:
sounds like to much fun to pass up......when you have a free weekend let me know in advance.....i would like to join on this

Well I haven't done it in years. All ya need is a good log up off the ground and some saws. To really do it good is to have logs of different sizes for different size saws. Hell you wouldn't want to set a 066 up on a 8 inch log and you wouldn't want to sit a 026 up on a 36inch log. I'll see what I can scrounge up round here and maybe by joe we'll just have us a saw day to play around. Considering I have enough bullschit with me to supply the whole country we should be able to get a few thousand cutters together,haha. Most will come just to meet the guy who talks kinda funny and has a ton of ole sayings. Ok ok, I'll stop tooting my own horn now,lol. Remember that baseball movie where that guy took that corn feild and made a ball diamond. That will be us with the NASTREE day. We will shall get the logs and they will come,lol.........................

great......just remember my name on here and send me a message.....give me a while to practice LOL:hmm3grin2orange: ......i like that nastree saying.....we might get carried away and cut everything away in virginia......we will throw our crap in my truck and head to nc LOL.

lovetheoutdoors said:
great......just remember my name on here and send me a message.....give me a while to practice LOL:hmm3grin2orange: ......i like that nastree saying.....we might get carried away and cut everything away in virginia......we will throw our crap in my truck and head to nc LOL.

hahaha, that would not be good, trees are getting harder to come by now days. I gotcha name there so no fear, niters my friend............

THALL10326 said:
I'll see what I can scrounge up round here and maybe by joe we'll just have us a saw day to play around. Considering I have enough bullschit with me to supply the whole country we should be able to get a few thousand cutters together,haha. Most will come just to meet the guy who talks kinda funny and has a ton of ole sayings. That will be us with the NASTREE day. We will shall get the logs and they will come,lol.........................
Sounds to me Thall you have a VA gtg in the making. You know you could do this with your shop in mind and all that food etc could be business related to advertisment for the day of fun too. Better get you a date set up. Cause them saws will be buzzing at the doors.

Virginia GTG? I'm there, lol

Kevin, I am in the process of making a log stand too. I have all the steel, except the angle iron for the top. Just gotta find time to weld her up. I like Eric's stand (sedanman built it) because you can use it for rounds or square kants.

-Steve

Cut4fun said:
Sounds to me Thall you have a VA gtg in the making. You know you could do this with your shop in mind and all that food etc could be business related to advertisment for the day of fun too. Better get you a date set up. Cause them saws will be buzzing at the doors.

Good afta noon ladies and gentlemen, welcomes to NASTREE USA. Coming to you live from down on the farm in good ole Virginia. Your coma tators today are me, THall da Stihl Driven man and my sidekick here CUT4FUN da Poulan Express Man himself. Please adjust your tv ann tan ers or dishes because blazing speed and wood chip flying is on the way.
(Thall)- Looking at the feild of com pet it ters today Cut it looks to be a major showdown in the the state they call the home of lovers. (Cut)- Yes Thall it seems this ho down of the saw world is gonna get mighty interesting. Lets warn all the spec tators to please be carefull where ya walk because you must remember you are down on the farm and the cows use the feild just as much as the saw men do. (Thall)- Good ponit there Cut, all yaw protect ya new shoes and beware of the cow chips. (Thall)- Tell me Cut did ya ever think you would see over 3000 men spitting backie juice and tooting saws in one feild. (Cut)- No Thall I never thought I see that much backie juice in my life, its quite obvious this ho down is da biggest in saw history. (Thall)- Yep Cut I think ya right and to think it all started over a jizmo some guy made to hold a log up off the ground. (Cut)- Thats right Thall and that man was me. (Thall)- Tell our viewing aud e ance how ya come about making such a device that would change the saw world forever Cut. (Cut)- Welp Thall I went to alittle saw show one time and seen a simer ler device and come home and made me one outs of wood. Since that time its been perfected to hold a 100 foot log in place and history was made. (Thall)- Great job Cut, with your log holder design you have indeed change how the world looks at saws today, no doult in history you will go down as one of the greatest minds in the saw in dust tree. (Cut)- Thankya, thanky very much.
(Cut)- As the men unload their pick ups and horse driven carriages lets go to a co merch al break and we'll be right back folks. (Thall)-Don't change that tv channel now ya hear. Use the pot during the break, comb ya do, getcha ya beer or pep see and we'll be back in 30 seconds.
(Off the air) Damn it Cut I never seen a pile of cowschit that big in my life, why in the hell didn't ya point it out to me fore I stepped right in it. (Cut)-Hahaha wish they caught that on live tv,lololol.) (Thall)- damn your hide, where in the hell is the water hose round here...........................To be continued...

Now i know you are CrazyThall.LOL. was busy cutting up a 26" at base pin oak( dang thats some heavy wood). My buddie nate called and said he needed my 2 saws with 22" bars. He was out gunned by the tree and his 40cc and 45cc saws. Well needless to say I left one saw short. He bought the smallest one The Poulan 330. So now I can get my hands on that ported 7900 I been eyeing. So how close are you to Hampton,VA? Used to live there years ago. Awful city life it was.
You know i couldnt budge a 5 foot piece of that pin oak. So much for putting it on my saw stand. Had to cut it in 12" cuts and 2 people to lift them.

Cut4fun said:
Now i know you are CrazyThall.LOL. was busy cutting up a 26" at base pin oak( dang thats some heavy wood). My buddie nate called and said he needed my 2 saws with 22" bars. He was out gunned by the tree and his 40cc and 45cc saws. Well needless to say I left one saw short. He bought the smallest one The Poulan 330. So now I can get my hands on that ported 7900 I been eyeing. So how close are you to Hampton,VA? Used to live there years ago. Awful city life it was.
You know i couldnt budge a 5 foot piece of that pin oak. So much for putting it on my saw stand. Had to cut it in 12" cuts and 2 people to lift them.

Your calling me crazy after you didn't warn me about that cow pile. I'm gonna soon be calling you the Howard Cosell of Nastree if you keep that up,lol
You know Cut a while back there was a thread about Dolmar on here and the 7900 was talked about alot. From all I could gather that 7900 is one bad dude. If you get it tell me how she runs and cuts...........

Dang thall we might get some fellas in on this......that would be great.....hope you have alot of land and wood...lol:clap:

Cut4fun said:
Well needless to say I left one saw short. He bought the smallest one The Poulan 330. So now I can get my hands on that ported 7900 I been eyeing.

I told you you be hooked in no time. :laugh: What is that monster gonna run you? I'm thinking about off'n one of the 372's and picking up a 7900. I ran Tony's stock one at the GTG and I was hooked....

Thall man you are something man i dont think i could use a saw around you....lol.....i think i would just stand back and listen to you commentate.

lovetheoutdoors said:
Thall man you are something man i dont think i could use a saw around you....lol.....i think i would just stand back and listen to you commentate.

You couldn't do that, no way, I would coma tate on ya if ya did, get this.

(Thall)-Who's that man over at the end of the log just holding his saw Cut. (Cut)- I don't know why he is just standing there. (Thall)--Someone take the camera down to his feet. (Cut)-Awwwwwwwwwww theres why he's just standing there, he's stuck. (Thall)-Damn it Cut I told ya we had to get all these damn cowpiles cleaned up around the logs..........

Freakingstang said:
I told you you be hooked in no time. :laugh: What is that monster gonna run you? I'm thinking about off'n one of the 372's and picking up a 7900. I ran Tony's stock one at the GTG and I was hooked....
All I can say right now till i have this puppy in my hands is. Darn you saw junkies for getting me into this. i was happy working on the old chevys. havent had the blood rush like that, since bracket racing days. But running WJ 066 and piped 2150 and Gypo piped 346 and etc etc etc did this to me.

Latest posts

Back