todays score !! or is it ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roncoinc

Official Stihl Disser
Reaction score
A CL ad and the guy was a little funny to deal with..took several emails to get a phone call and then took concentration to understand him..a transplant into the well to do area of the lakes region here in NH.
after hearing how he only has cut 6 cord with it then it turned into 6 trees and then when i got there with no stumps it was a couple hours of cutting brush !
with a 2008 date on the saw and he bought it new less than a year ago it looked really good even tho it was his first saw..still has the clear plastic chain guard that came on it new..asking how it ran he then poured some gas into a jar and them some oil and shook it up....i told him not to bother i had some mix with me..i then emptied what was in the saw and put MY mix in and was pleased when it fired rite up..pulling the trigger it died,after about three times of this he said it had to warm up some before it would go good..i'm thinking to myself,well im going to pull the limiters and mod that cat muffler anyways but lets see how it goes..
he ended up getting a little frustrated trying to make it go as he was selling it and was happy with the $100 i gave him..now this guy did not NEED to sell the saw,just bought it to clear brush around a house he bought on the largest lake in the state..now he's done with it ands wants it gone ? go figure.
anyway,,does this qualify for a "SCORE" ?? or just a minor "find" ??
i know,only a "homeowner" saw so probly not :(
but i tried !!

attachment.php

i like those saws. ive been tempted quite a few times when i had money burning a hole in my pocket

I'd say that qualifies as a "score." It looks good. It'll run good after you give it some TLC and then maybe you can pull the base gasket, mod the muffler, and widen the exhaust port.

Yeah, never seen a clear bar scabbard before.Cool.

$100 bucks It would have followed me home too. Did he take some $$ off when it did'nt start good?

yes it's true it is not a "pro" saw,but it is not a piece of junk by any means.
keep a nice sharp chain,good quality fuel and oil,you will get alot of use out of it.....for $100 you got quite the deal.:clap:

Geeze call him back and tell him a Husqvarna 395xp is a proper brush saw, for the stuff that grows back, and you'll be happy to pay another 100 next year!

MOD the muffler ????????
man,i'm looking at it now and just a hollow can with maybe a 1/2 in to 9/16 hole rite to the screen !! !! i thought it would be a "cat" muffler but man,this thing is EMPTY !! you could take a flashlight and look thru the screen and see the piston..this aint nuthin but a soup can with a screen over the end !
i gotta do a search on 445 muffler mods and check this out..
kinda a bummer,maybe only make the hole a little bigger be about it,there goes all the fun :(
is this a clamshell where you cant eliminate the base gasket ??
sorry,gotta do more research before stupid questions..
think i saw a thread about porting the 445 so will have to check that out if i can find it..
tnx guys.. "SCORE" !!!!!!

'laker's' from 'away' have some of the strangest ideas about things... There is a very non-practical mind set. Basicly no fore sight what so ever, mixed with way too much easy money.

They have been know to rip and tear every tree and plant out of the area, and replace it year after year, often times giving away thousands of dollars worth of plants and trees to related local business for free, where all this stuff is sometimes bought back again just bigger than it was, the next year.

Other times it is the whole house! A shack is about 5 million, where the owner feels bad if he doesn't keep up with the neighbors.. BULL DOZE it down and build a new one every 5 years or so...

A husky 395 xp is not a problem.....

ill send you a 3/4" spark tube. this should be about perfect for that saw

'laker's' from 'away' have some of the strangest ideas about things... There is a very non-practical mind set. Basicly no fore sight what so ever, mixed with way too much easy money.

yeh ,i know,,i think he said Merill(sp) Streeps daughter lived accross the street on the lake side of the road..

I think its a score i have one and like mine its no powerhouse but its no slouch for a 45cc saw:greenchainsaw:

Back