Tonights Project - Piped 390XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I bought a 2001 385XP. It was complete except for the P&C, which I didn't need. Since this was an early model 385, I wanted to replace the PTO crank bearing. I got a new bearing from Husky, then had it sent off to be rebuilt with ceramic balls. The flywheel bearing is a 6203, so they had those in stock. The Tilly 296 carb is bored out to .765" on this one. My other two I only went to .745". I got lucky and didn't open up any internal passages. Anyway, I put it all together tonight and got it running. Now it's time to finish dialing in this pipe that Gink built for me several months ago. This topend and pipe sat all summer while I played with my other 390 and 2188. It was time to give this 2-piece had and pipe some more love:)

390_1-M.jpg

390_2-M.jpg

390_3-M.jpg

Can't wait for a vid!

I've got a short one on the phone. I've got to figure out how to get it on here. Here's a vids of this setup in action on my other 390 though. There's a lot of work yet to be done dialing in the pipe.

[video=youtube_share;3xPq-RWRTUM]http://youtu.be/3xPq-RWRTUM[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back