Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brief tour of my shop

Here is my latest acquisition. 20" clausing drill press. It has a three phase motor with a Ronk phase converter.

100_2204.jpg

An old Miller Dialarc welder.

100_2210.jpg

Delta Unisaw

100_2206.jpg

Anybody interested in Reloading? That is an old Hollywood press on the left. And a fairly rare RCBS 304 scale in the background.

100_2208.jpg

Here is my latest acquisition. 20" clausing drill press. It has a three phase motor with a Ronk phase converter.

100_2204.jpg

100_2210.jpg

Delta Unisaw

100_2206.jpg

Anybody interested in Reloading? That is an old Hollywood press on the left. And a fairly rare RCBS 304 scale in the background.

100_2208.jpg

Very nice!! I have a old Herters single stage press and some dies.Don't use it much.Its a little big for anything I load.

Both the welders came out of a local community college. The wife of a buddy of mine who works there told him about the auction and he bid (and won) on two Airco Bumblebee AC/DC machines (same as Miller Dialarc) and one of them has problems. He got them for $52 each. Can't complain.

The best welder I ever used was an old Lincoln motor/generator setup where line power runs a motor that spins a generator that outputs the welding current. The power from that thing was so smooth. I hadn't welded in years and in about a minute was laying down beautiful beads. Most impressive.

My TIG is a Lincoln 300/300 like the one you bought. Get some leads and a water cooler and get to welding. They go all day, and really are a fine machine. They sell for $700-$900 all day long.

Yes they're heavy, but make a caster/stand for the bottom, and it'll roll. They're not a portable machine, but they're bulletproof.

Great find! :cheers:

If any of y'all want to "variable speed" any of your tools, including drill presses, find a used treadmill that someone is giving away. They go from 1.5 horse through 3.5. The motors are DC, but pull the speed control and transformer, and rock and roll. :rock:

DC motors have good torque across their RPM range. It would also work good for a homemade belt grinder.

Devonhubb

Really nice old power tools you have there Devon.Reloading tools are a big plus.Your ready for bear! Thanks for posting a picture is worth a thousand words.
Lawrence

Big Mistake

Fellas I owe you all a big apology concerning the air gauge on on the compressor regulator reading in CFM's.I guess I'm loosing it.It only read in Psi and bar .Any way it was buggered and I have a new one now to go on.So Sorry Chris,Bigbadbob who responded and if I missed someone Sorry to you as well.
Lawrence

100_2204.jpg

100_2210.jpg

Delta Unisaw

100_2206.jpg

100_2208.jpg

Yes sir thats some GOOD stuff, I pull the handles on a RCBS Rockchucker for the precision stuff and a LEE Loadmaster for the VOLUME stuff:msp_thumbup:

Fellas I owe you all a big apology concerning the air gauge on on the compressor regulator reading in CFM's.I guess I'm loosing it.It only read in Psi and bar .Any way it was buggered and I have a new one now to go on.So Sorry Chris,Bigbadbob who responded and if I missed someone Sorry to you as well.
Lawrence

LOL, you don't have to be sorry Lawrence. It could have been me who was wrong just as easily.

The only bad day is the one where we don't learn anything. Now get that **** all hooked up and use it!;)

This is my old knife-making set up. There's a sharpener on the lower right in green, a 36" belt sander, a 1" belt sander, a Dayton drill press, cheap-o Ryobi miter for the handles and pins, a GE industrial farm motor and Cootes grinder.

large.jpg

Here's the grinder when new:

large.jpg

And the Bowie I made for my brother. Weapons should be hardy, and well... it's OK to be occasionally decorative. ;):

large.jpg

Grinder

I like the belt grinder.And everything else too.i posted a pic a ways back of my home made grinder I use.Just a industrial grind stone.The only bad part about doing it the way I do you can't get very fancy.I would like to see some more pics of your knives.As I am sure others would to!!

I need sombody really good on a lathe. I'm gonna put a big bore kit on my weedwacker but the piston don't fit in the hole...

Old one on left, new on right. Is this doable?:confused:

attachment.php

I think I'll put a lawnmower blade on it when I get it going.:msp_biggrin:

Cootes Grinder-WYK

WYK-Good pictures.Those Cootes grinders are really something to look at.They seem so heavy duty.I think there made in Washington State if I'm not mistaken.So do they adjust to the length of the belt you are using,meaning does the upper portion of the machine move up and down?
Lawrence

Well tool fans... here are some of the old, really old, and slightly newer tools that I have.

To start out, when we recently bought a crap ton of tools from my neighbor, we ended up with 11 boxes that were full of tools. Most, unfortunately, were Taiwan unbranded. However, IMHO, that is much better than most tools you get out of China now, as these are older (80's-90's?) tools.

I've got some old handsaws, here is the oldest of what I have, by far. Don't have many more old handsaws, that's about the only old one. There are no markings on the blade... the handle has been replaced at some point in time as it does not bear a maker's name.

attachment.php

wtf is this weird cut for on the nose of the blade? :msp_confused:

attachment.php

Here is an old air tank that came with all of those tools in the toolboxes...

attachment.php

Hard to read the brand name... anyone recognize the tank and maybe who made it?

attachment.php

Here is an old ass pipe wrench, that also came with the tools we recently bought.
attachment.php

I've got a few more old ass pipe wrenches that are even more old ass than this one. :) They're kinda buried at the moment... in my fifth other toolbox.

Back