Tool Forum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you happen to have an air hammer with chisels? I would like to get my paws on one for a deal. (I am a cheap ass, tell by the price of the compressor?

If you just want a cheap one to play with, you can pick one up on line or at a big box home center for less than it would cost me to ship one to you. If you like it, you can keep your eye out for a better one.

Philbert

attachment.php

Air Tools

Pics please? I may be interested. :)

Pro Mac
Sorry, but I think I will hang on to it,might come in handy one day.
As Philbert said for the price of shipping you can probably get a deal on one in your area.Remember I live in British Columbia,that's a fair distance away.I will try and get some pictures up today,TRY!
Lawrence

If you just want a cheap one to play with, you can pick one up on line or at a big box home center for less than it would cost me to ship one to you. If you like it, you can keep your eye out for a better one.

Philbert

attachment.php

Not looking for cheap... I need a good one. Will be using it on the job in the shop for brake/suspension/etc. work. All I know is most of the older air tools and any new(er) Ingersoll Rand tools are better than most others, especially box store brands.

As the other guy (pete) forgot you're way over yonder. I don't think I wanna know what shipping from there to here is. :dizzy:

Here is another tool at my disposal. So far, it's pulled loaded trailers and much more over the years. Fun and great truck, the 97 Chevrolet Suburban. :)
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xt2QLtqkf2c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xt2QLtqkf2c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not looking for cheap... I need a good one. Will be using it on the job in the shop for brake/suspension/etc. work. All I know is most of the older air tools and any new(er) Ingersoll Rand tools are better than most others, especially box store brands.

As the other guy (pete) forgot you're way over yonder. I don't think I wanna know what shipping from there to here is. :dizzy:

Here is another tool at my disposal. So far, it's pulled loaded trailers and much more over the years. Fun and great truck, the 97 Chevrolet Suburban. :)

Your "service engine soon" light is on!

Pro Mac, forgot to call Josh on the spirits. . . I just wrote it down on a sticky note, and I'll call him tomorrow. :)

Yeah, the check engine light is for the O2 sensors complaining that the cats aren't doing their job anymore. We've had it scanned time and time again, and it is the after cat O2 sensors hating the cats for not making the exhaust as clean as the EPA demands.

I love this truck. :)

Yeah, the check engine light is for the O2 sensors complaining that the cats aren't doing their job anymore. We've had it scanned time and time again, and it is the after cat O2 sensors hating the cats for not making the exhaust as clean as the EPA demands.

I love this truck. :)

Yep, that'll do it. Cats are expensive too. Aftermarket ones never work properly either.

Yep, that'll do it. Cats are expensive too. Aftermarket ones never work properly either.

That's what the guy that did the scan said, it'd would be about 2300 bucks to 'fix' it and it may not work anyways.

We're saving that money for the engine rebuild. Sometime in the future, looking at about 400 hp. Still gonna run fuel injection when we do, as it is reliable and can be tuned for perfect performance and maximize fuel economy.

Pro Mac, I spoke with Josh, and he does indeed put armatures in his shaker tank with Mineral Spirits. You'll not damage anything cleaning all the parts with a plastic bristle brush and Spirits. He said you can even clean the fields in the same manner. :cheers:

Pro Mac, I spoke with Josh, and he does indeed put armatures in his shaker tank with Mineral Spirits. You'll not damage anything cleaning all the parts with a plastic bristle brush and Spirits. He said you can even clean the fields in the same manner. :cheers:

Thanks for the help!! :cheers: I will have to clean those parts up tomorrow. :)

I will try to remember to get the shop pack of JB Weld at autozone tomorrow too, so I can hopefully get that trigger slide plate back together and fitted.

So now I know you can wash these armatures and related parts in mineral spirits/paint thinner. :) This will make it easier to get all of that crud out of the armature.

Thanks for the help!! :cheers: I will have to clean those parts up tomorrow. :)

I will try to remember to get the shop pack of JB Weld at autozone tomorrow too, so I can hopefully get that trigger slide plate back together and fitted.

So now I know you can wash these armatures and related parts in mineral spirits/paint thinner. :) This will make it easier to get all of that crud out of the armature.

Compressed air is your friend too. ;)

That's what the guy that did the scan said, it'd would be about 2300 bucks to 'fix' it and it may not work anyways.

We're saving that money for the engine rebuild. Sometime in the future, looking at about 400 hp. Still gonna run fuel injection when we do, as it is reliable and can be tuned for perfect performance and maximize fuel economy.

Yep, they are spendy, but it can be fixed.

Also, 400hp small block and fuel economy can not be used in the same sentence.

Picked this up a few years back via Craigslist:

clean-o-matic1.jpg

clean-o-matic3.jpg

After realizing how irritating it is to clean saw parts in a 5gal bucket, I dug the Clean-o-Matic (what an awesome name) out of storage and started cleaning it. Had somewhere around 7 gallons of sludge in it. It's clean as a whistle now though.

Yep, they are spendy, but it can be fixed.

Also, 400hp small block and fuel economy can not be used in the same sentence.

Lol, of course it wouldn't be like the 18 mpg or slightly better we can squeeze out of it, but I'm sure that it would have a 1, maybe 2 mpg improvement over running that same engine same power with a carb. Also, running fuel injection, I get to keep the set up looking almost exactly like stock, and if the engine looks dirty enough, no one will ever know what hit them... :D

I would put a BBK throttle body on, a high flow MAF sensor, bigger Accel injectors, and much more. I am hoping we can do the full forged flat top deal, with high compression to start with, and if we end up breaking the trans, we'll go twin turbo at that time... and lower the compression with thicker head gaskets. :) It'd be a fun truck after that. :) Fun right now, but a lot more fun after we get to hot rod it. :D

Picked this up a few years back via Craigslist:

After realizing how irritating it is to clean saw parts in a 5gal bucket, I dug the Clean-o-Matic (what an awesome name) out of storage and started cleaning it. Had somewhere around 7 gallons of sludge in it. It's clean as a whistle now though.

That thing looks like it missed doing some work. :) I bet it'll last forever, given that most of the older tools are almost always better than what you can get now.

The cheapo parts washer I have sounds like the pump wants to go out sometimes. It'll make some snarling and grinding noises, shut up for a while, then do it again. If it blows up, oh well, I'll find a better pump to put in it, or find a new parts washer.

Lol, of course it wouldn't be like the 18 mpg or slightly better we can squeeze out of it, but I'm sure that it would have a 1, maybe 2 mpg improvement over running that same engine same power with a carb. Also, running fuel injection, I get to keep the set up looking almost exactly like stock, and if the engine looks dirty enough, no one will ever know what hit them... :D

I would put a BBK throttle body on, a high flow MAF sensor, bigger Accel injectors, and much more. I am hoping we can do the full forged flat top deal, with high compression to start with, and if we end up breaking the trans, we'll go twin turbo at that time... and lower the compression with thicker head gaskets. :) It'd be a fun truck after that. :) Fun right now, but a lot more fun after we get to hot rod it. :D

Yes does sound like fun.

Back