Tools New drill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i bought a cordless dewalt a while back and it is great,, was worth the extra money,,,

I wanted a general purpose kit to cover most projects. Settled on a Milwaukee 28 volt Li Ion set including 1/2" hi/lo vsr hammer drill, circular saw, hi/low geared variable speed Sawzall, swivel head light, two batteries and one hour charger with carry bag. Someone stole circular saw and battery. Purchased a replacement batt. for $160 with tax, priced saw at $325. Less than $75 away from what I paid for whole set. Have been happy with performance of all tools. Very torquey with good run times. Very impressed with lithium ion operation. Thought all Milwaukee branded tools were made in US, was surprised to read made in China on all pieces.

Uh

You could always post this in the Tool Forum Thread right here in the Chainsaw Forum.Maybe the more fellas that know about it the more it will get used .Just an idea
Lawrence

Here is the deal. I got an Echo 2 stroke drill with reverse. No batteries no cords and it works where you need it to. I have everthing in the shop to run it and work on it if neeed be. Can't beat um.

Yeah! Just build a drill out of a weedwacker motor. Can't beat that! I think I'll do that with my old Ryobi weedwacker powerhead. :biggrinbounce2: I will post results.

Last edited:
DeWalt 18V hammer drill for cordless.

Rockwell 3/4" drill for press.

Milwaukee 1/2" for corded drill.

ridgid

I love makita but i have sold all my other battery tools and went with ridgid strong tools ... not as lite as makita but you cant beat the lifetime warranty on a the tool kits i have 2 kits to make one super kit that way if a battery go's down ya have others while they replace them i just had to use my warranty about a month ago went so smooth took about ten days brand new battery!!!! all you have to do is read how to register your kit and do it right and your good to go!Ive had makita dewalt ryobi and craFTSman these are on par with the best but like i said you cant beat the life time srvs agreemant

I don't have this drill yet... but have used them and they are very nice.. IMO the best brand of power tools out there.
attachment.php

I've got a 36 volt Dewalt hammerdrill. I have the sawzall and circular saw too. I love these tools and they have been doing great so far. You can't hardly bog the circular saw and the drill will break your wrist if you let it.

I have been real happy with the cordless Porter Cable line that Lowe's has. You can get either NiCAD or Li-ion. They have several bare tools that work with the batteries. I have been using the drill and impact driver for over a year and no problems whatsoever. They are extremely powerful, have great balance and have long battery lives.

Milwaukee for my hammer drill and dewalt for my plug in 3/8. I've not had enough good things with cordless to help but cousin uses every day and runs Milwaukee. Hope that helps.

Back