Tornado storm road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeslayer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gonna be a lot of work from this one, 120 tornados reported in Miss, Ok, Alabama and a few other states.

Sounds like a road trip, who wants to team up and meet, and knock out some work?
I have nationwide insurance, and THE PLAN.:msp_ohmy:

I try not to wish for mass destruction and I defiitely don't want to want to wish for none at all but my damn chipper has been in the shop for a month waiting on a warrantied clutch replacement. Finally got notice it was getting finished up yesterday........as they closed it up the mechanic noticed the brand new clutch hub was cracked along the shaft.

It can take hours to dump chips anyways around here when it's busy, guess we'll just have piles ready to be chipped at a later date if it gets crazy.:chainsaw::chainsaw:

I try not to wish for mass destruction and I defiitely don't want to want to wish for none at all but my damn chipper has been in the shop for a month waiting on a warrantied clutch replacement. Finally got notice it was getting finished up yesterday........as they closed it up the mechanic noticed the brand new clutch hub was cracked along the shaft.

It can take hours to dump chips anyways around here when it's busy, guess we'll just have piles ready to be chipped at a later date if it gets crazy.:chainsaw::chainsaw:

looks like several areas are going to get FEMA involvement, ALA's governor declared already, that gets the ball rolling. curbside. :msp_thumbup:

Got any scouts checking it out for ya? Hate to get there just to see every fly on OOPS! already hacking away for dirt merchant prices.

Prentice,
I'm in AL, forget it!! With the number of unemployed plant and construction workers here, you don't have a chance of making real money. I have seen my local market go from about 10 tree companies to over 26 in the last 2 1/2 years. It's nuts!

Prentice,
I'm in AL, forget it!! With the number of unemployed plant and construction workers here, you don't have a chance of making real money. I have seen my local market go from about 10 tree companies to over 26 in the last 2 1/2 years. It's nuts!

Thats what Im talking about! My homie tried to get me to go to Carbondale when they bgot whacked a while back. I made him go take a look first. Everybody and there brother was there. We woulda made the same coin we were making local, but had to pay to get there and lodgeing and back. If it were 2 n a half weeks ago Id jump , but now things are booking up, and gas prices are scary larry... Hey Wheelloader, you ever heard of L and L logging out of Maplesville Al?

My experience with tornadoes is you need to be local or pretty close. Tornado damage is not usually as wide spread as ice damage and nothing like hurricane damage. Usually the locals get it mopped up pretty quick and everyone in the vicinity is trying to pile on... If you're not within a hundred miles I would forget about it. Unlike roof or structural damage, trees get taken care or quick, fast and in a hurry.

My experience with tornadoes is you need to be local or pretty close. Tornado damage is not usually as wide spread as ice damage and nothing like hurricane damage. Usually the locals get it mopped up pretty quick and everyone in the vicinity is trying to pile on... If you're not within a hundred miles I would forget about it. Unlike roof or structural damage, trees get taken care or quick, fast and in a hurry.

True Dat, plus every landscaper and his brother are going to lowes and buying a Green chainsaw!
Would love to go with ya slayer, but I think they are right, out of work locals will attack it. Was watching something last night on the news, them talking how this could actually boost the economy in a high un-employment area, as the need for construction workers just exploded.
We just need a nice big storm that drops a funnel here and stays on the ground all da way to chi-town, then we can meet in the middle!

:laugh::laugh:
90% of "treeguys" can't do what I can do. let the hacks, landscrapers and pickup truck operators clear my roads, driveways and front yards. I'll do the hard part, save the trees all the locals want to cut down to get the damaged branches out of.

Spikeless, high end pruning, and proper marketing.
I don't knock doors, I run big ads, and deliver quality work, fully legal, and set up locally.

North Carolina is it, the ball is rolling hard. I have family, friends, and business contacts there.

We will be needing local labor, (saws and dump spots), anyone want in, send me a PM.

storm

Slayer,

I have good friends around fort bragg NC. Fayetteville NC may be a good place to go. I have a buddy there now checking it out to see and possibly lining up some work.

I have a truck with all the saws and climbing gizmos ready to go. I am bringing one solid groundie.

I am thinking of heading out from colorado tonight. I would love to link up with someone more experienced. Let me know what you think.

-Keith

Shoot me a line if you need a hand once you get there. Or better yet give me a day or two to fed ex supplies and gear and I am a plane.

let us know how you do. If I wasn't a month out I'd bring the crane and see what we can blow through but like you said sounds like more like repair work. Should keep you busy for awhile

Latest posts

Back