Tornado storm road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started riding the storm track from the EF 3 Tornado that hit Williamsburg/Gloucester today, was a pretty good hit. Still a lot of pruning work to do.
That thing touched down, and ran barely a mile from the Anheuser Busch brewery, and maybe a half mile from Busch Gardens, a bigass theme park full of huge trees.:msp_scared: It jumped the James, and the York river, and tore up a lot of trees and houses the whole way.
talk about dodging a bullet...........:bowdown:

Last edited:
All the posts about being slow make me realize I am very fortunate. I am buried with work and have been ever since I started the business a little more than 6 years ago. Toughest part for me is finding good help and climbers that want to work!

All the posts about being slow make me realize I am very fortunate. I am buried with work and have been ever since I started the business a little more than 6 years ago. Toughest part for me is finding good help and climbers that want to work!

Well there happens to be a good one in your area as we speak......:msp_wink:

And even crazier still this prentice110 guy wants to go on the road and be a contract climber. He has mad skills and if you entice him he will make some serious cheddar. Shoot the guy a pm it may be in both of your best interests. :cheers:

If you're willing to pay good money you can get a climber no sweat, but if you're trying to only pay $15 - $20 an hour thats the problem.

get a contract climber on board and hammer the big jobs out, save the small/easy stuff for your own leisure.

I'll PM my #

If you're willing to pay good money you can get a climber no sweat, but if you're trying to only pay $15 - $20 an hour thats the problem.

get a contract climber on board and hammer the big jobs out, save the small/easy stuff for your own leisure.

I'll PM my #

of course he never called...can't afford airtime to even call a real climber........:hmm3grin2orange:

It scares me. Its scary. I feel like I'd be taking advantage of someone elses misery. Let me know, But .... woof.... keep me busy, or .... cant have a disraction in that sit...

If it can pay I am on my way. Things have been getting pretty busy for me lately. I have gigs for the next two days locked up and the phone has been ringing all day. I have ten estimates to run on monday. The sun shines for a day and people call. Thank God it is not raining for once this spring.

but you're scared.......:dizzy:

stay on the porch with the puppies....the big dogs got it......:hmm3grin2orange:

Hell yeah Im scared. Scared that J B will drop a tree on my chipper if I take my eye off of it for more than 5 minutes. Remember when I came back from Germany? Took me 2 weeks to find my Bobcat, and there werent any teeth left on my grinder. You know that new climbing line I had? Effer cut the thing on me yesterday. I got a whole 4 trees out of it first. If I hafta run one more load of mulch, Im gonna blow my brains out.:dizzy::msp_mad: Oh yeah, and the grapple was bent, and the dumbass doesnt know what a grease gun or a dipstick are for. Im WAY too afraid to leave that stuff behind.

the answer is to stop worrying and just take the next step. lock your #### up, write off all the losers, and make your life better.

what if the rope breaks? what if the limb I'm on snaps? what if the wind blows wrong, the stump lets go......get my point? If you're going to claim being a real tree guy, and decide you want to make the move to being a worthy contract climber, then suck it up, man up and deal with it when it happens, NOT while you thinking about it.
this ain't no picnic snowflake, quit talking about it and be about it....:hmm3grin2orange:

you got mad skills, cut out the hard drinking and live life without alcohol's depressive effect and all that worrying. fix your truck up, buy a truck, whatever, get out of the pit you're stuck in and have some fun. make a difference in someone else's life and by helping them with storm damage with out gouging em, you'll sleep better.

#### happens, roll WITH it, or let it roll you over.

, man

Latest posts

Back