Tornado storm road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a call from treeslayer today and he is on his way to Alabama. Oh dear God run forest run! From the sound of it he is having a good time on the road. Maybe one of these days, when I grow up, I want to be just like treeslayer hopping from state to state slaying the dead, downed, and mend the injured trees left in momma natures wake. Think about it what a grand adventure that must be. Oh well, I sit and wait for my phone to ring with the hopes that it will be a tree worth slaying, but until then I grind stumps and prune small not so worthy trees. Keep us posted my wayward friend.

Will do Raj, I'm gonna need a few good guys....want a vacation....?????

found a computer with internet.....:msp_sneaky: Done here in VA, time to go.

Gonna get up with Tree MD who's down there banging it out, he's got the crane and the ads going, and DING DING, its on like donkey kong.

man I love to fly in and lay waste.......:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Tree MD and myself are geared up and rocking and rolling.....:msp_w00t:

We need guys for cleanup and hauling, and if anyone needs us for contract climbing work, send a PM. We are staying near Hoover Alabama, just south of Birmingham. We have all our gear and saws, and work is everywhere. Tree MD did a bang up job getting set up, and we just moved out of the campground. Now we are living large in a sweet Inn with a tavern and a waffle house, and found a house to rent next week....

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Finally got a day off yesterday to wash clothes and take care of personal bussiness. I am still sore and tired. Worked 12 days straight from daylight to dark. Crazy damage with trees on houses and hung up all over the place. Looking forward to getting set up in a house here. I plan to work all Summer here.

Had a really close call Saturday. The woman had called me two days previous saying her son had come home from school and heard the blown out top of an Oak over their house popping and cracking. I left the job I was on and ran over there to look at it. I put a rope in the top to secure it and went back to the job I was on. When I started working on it Saturday I heard it start popping and cracking after I lowered the first limb from the blown out top. What I did not see was the 12" leader that the top was hung in was damaged as well. I couldn't see it for the foilage from the blown out top. As soon as I saw it and heard it cracking I knew it was comming over right on top of their house. I told my groundy to drop everything and send me a rope. I ran out there on the leader and got it tied off just in time. I mean it broke over literally less than a minute after I got it tied off. The home owners saw the whole thing and thanked me emphatically for saving their house. LOL, they said that was the most awesome thing they had ever seen. :hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe and inspect those trees who knows how fractured they are. It sounded like a nice catch be careful.

We're going to start a new thread,
DAVE AND LARRYS EPIC ADVENTURE.....:msp_scared:
Going to buy a laptop and a digital camera this week, neither of us brought one, and start uploading , but not everything.....:D

We got it going on....and the best thing about Alabama?

Alabama women.......:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back