Tornado storm road trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No call back they would have been a honey job. I wish they came through but I am not going to sit around for them.

Just got me a cheap, throw away laptop to use while I'm on the road so I can rejoin the conversation. I've had 2 days off in 21. Worked about 14 straight I believe. Lots of folks hurting here. I have to admit, after the first week of working I just hung my head and cried over all the devastation and loss of life. People have been great here. We had a state cop watching over us and my tools the first two weeks we were here. I've never seen tornado damage so wide spread... Some places all that is left is scoured earth.

I'm out of the army tent and in a hotel now. I might rent a house... Haven't decided yet. I'm making good money but I'm not gouging so it's work and that's it; A lot more than I had back home.

Got me some new toys: A new 660, new bull rope, new port-a-wrap but I also had my 260 seize up.

Anyway, we're getting it together between Macon and Mussel Shoals... ;)

YouTube - ‪Feelin' Better‬‏

Just got me a cheap, throw away laptop to use while I'm on the road so I can rejoin the conversation. I've had 2 days off in 21. Worked about 14 straight I believe. Lots of folks hurting here. I have to admit, after the first week of working I just hung my head and cried over all the devastation and loss of life. People have been great here. We had a state cop watching over us and my tools the first two weeks we were here. I've never seen tornado damage so wide spread... Some places all that is left is scoured earth.

I'm out of the army tent and in a hotel now. I might rent a house... Haven't decided yet. I'm making good money but I'm not gouging so it's work and that's it; A lot more than I had back home.

Got me some new toys: A new 660, new bull rope, new port-a-wrap but I also had my 260 seize up.

Man its tough I heard some stories we only hit it for the first 9 days after the storm. The stories got worse and worse. Very appreciative people there. Everyone treated me and the guys with the best of respect just as if we weren't getting compensated for the work. I would love to see some pictures. Lots of nasty hangers and half uprooted trees still standing. Glad you are makin the best out of it. Keep posting.

Hay MD, keep your head up you are doing the good work. Stay safe and keep an eye on slayer I would like the chance to work with that guy again. :cheers:

AMEN on Alabama women.

We're going to start a new thread,
DAVE AND LARRYS EPIC ADVENTURE.....:msp_scared:
Going to buy a laptop and a digital camera this week, neither of us brought one, and start uploading , but not everything.....:D

We got it going on....and the best thing about Alabama?

Alabama women.......:hmm3grin2orange:

I drove through Birmingham on the way to Arizona once. I don't think I saw one woman that wasn't beautiful. Stayed a little longer than planned!

Good for you.........

for not gouging!

Actually, Larrys the opposite. He's bidding lower than the some of locals, VERY fair.....and all the chasers are leaving. me included, I had to fly back to Chicago, too much work waiting.

He'll be busy for a year there....Stay Safe Larry.:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Actually, Larrys the opposite. He's bidding lower than the some of locals, VERY fair.....and all the chasers are leaving. me included, I had to fly back to Chicago, too much work waiting.

He'll be busy for a year there....Stay Safe Larry.:msp_thumbup:

Thanks Dave, you are a good climber, great salesman and all around good worker. I would highly recommend you to anyone.

matt came over last night with a 12 pack, and we sat on the deck and burned a couple big Acid stogies, caught up and made some plans and when he left, he left half the 12 pack in my fridge.:msp_confused:

I think he's ill.:msp_ohmy: that 12 pack was doomed, but got a reprieve.......:laugh:

good to be back,.

matt came over last night with a 12 pack, and we sat on the deck and burned a couple big Acid stogies, caught up and made some plans and when he left, he left half the 12 pack in my fridge.:msp_confused:

I think he's ill.:msp_ohmy: that 12 pack was doomed, but got a reprieve.......:laugh:

good to be back,.

Slayer this is for you.

Storm damage reports | WAVY.com | Suffolk, Va.

Latest posts

Back