TORQUE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetheboatguy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Yep that's where it's at. Gets everything done faster. Doesn't matter what job it is, or piece of equipment. More torque available the better.
Just watch out for flying parts, snapped chains and that kind of stuff :rock:

Steven

Would a saw producing 100 newton meters at 200rpm be a good saw that gets work done fast? :dizzy: I suppose Piltz could solve the issue. Everyone appreciates torque, but its not solely responsible for a high production unit. Did l just swollow some bait.....and a hook...some line....& a sinker?

Just saying.
Earlier this week skidded out some good logs.
Yesterday hauled a few deer out on the quad.
Today plowed snow some more snow and even some more snow.
And all the above were made easier because of it.
Next week is going to be the same way. The tractor, truck and saws are all fueled and ready to go.

Steven.

Gocha!..even when parts are flying.
Do you work on speed boats or torque boats?

Is the locomotive faster than the speed boat???

Well that would entirely depend on where they raced.

Have you been drinking today Steven?

Don't we need someting to go with that torque? IDK..just asking.
What happens when its three minutes to fall a tree and now 15 minutes to limb because its not great in the limbs.
Granted its a minute faster in the fall
but its slow,rough and twice as tiring processing? Anyone..serious

Don't we need someting to go with that torque? IDK..just asking.
What happens when its three minutes to fall a tree and now 15 minutes to limb because its not great in the limbs.
Granted its a minute faster in the fall
but its slow,rough and twice as tiring processing? Anyone..serious
Are you on the 1 saw plan? You fell and limb with the same saw? I fell with the biggest saw I have unless its a small tree, which we dont do many of, then grab my trusty 590 to do the limbing... Sometimes i use the 330t take the limbs down enough to go through the chipper. I save the hours on the 200t for in the tree.

Mosly we are all pretty vague
I like what mountainlake speaks of and the builders that can do that at will.
Seems I am in the minority by a long shot, needing each saw to have a nice rating responce RPM shifting with power. Guys don't need it all in one saw but i do

Are you on the 1 saw plan? You fell and limb with the same saw? I fell with the biggest saw I have unless its a small tree, which we dont do many of, then grab my trusty 590 to do the limbing... Sometimes i use the 330t take the limbs down enough to go through the chipper. I save the hours on the 200t for in the tree.

For a Timber faller, the time saved with limbing with a smaller saw would be negated by the effort to carry two saws around the woods every day, all day.
You must not be a faller.
He is.....

I wouldn't know anything about torque anyways. I drive a detroit powered machine all day.:eek:

Latest posts

Back