Total Junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I was asked to post a picture of a total bar. My local guy sells these bars. Here's a total POS full House.While I am posting any input on these bars?

Or is the abuser the POS???

Wow, is that an Echo with a Total bar and a Stihl chain, check that green strap on the chain! LOL. Whata combo. :D

I'd guess that's a yellow strap, unless someone filed off all the safety bumpers.

I've hear a lot of good things about Total bars, and a few not-so-good. I almost got a 24" one for my 111S for $14.50, but I missed the auction.

I cut and strapped that chain myself, I hate to break it to you it's a carlton chain I purchased from Jeff sikkema and had to make due.With the 12" bar it runs like a shaved ape. I sometimes amaze myself what I have learned to do with a file.

Total

Can't say that I've run a Total bar but...Their round files are some of my favorite files. I'm not sure what's different about them but, I seem to get a better edge quicker. Maybe the Total files are "Lefty Friendly"?

We sell alot of Total bars to our Jonsered customers. I've seen a lot of them crack in weird spots. Has anyone else seen this?

Total Super Bar

I recently purchased a 24" total bar for my johnny red. Haven't had any major problems with it yet but it doesn't seem to be able to take the heat very well. Bar grooves also don't seem to strong. I dunno know...just a newbe to the world of saws!! LOL

I sell almost all Total bars. I have not seen much go wrong with them other than normal wear, and an occasional one that has obviously been subjected to damage.

I think it is hard to find a bad quality bar nowadays. Even the Tsumara bars that come from Taiwan are good bars.

What is wrong with the bar in the posted picture? I must be missing something that is obvious to others.

P.S. I think there is some changing going on on who makes Tiltons Total bars. If they come up being Windsors, that would be good also. I have always viewed Windsor as a premium brand.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with that bar. I had asked Dennis if he ever used a Total Bar.He informed me that he eats them when he is working out.
I told him I would post a picture or the mighty 12er.

Latest posts

Back