Total Weight of MS 661 VS Husky 562 VS MS 441 with all liquids

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerdoug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It appears that the 661 is 18.4 lbs with all fluids and no bar and chain. I don't know what length bar, but the other thread attributed the bar and chain to 3.5 lbs with a total weight of 22 lbs.

562xp filled with 24" techlite bar and chain 18.6 lbs

Looks like it is only 3.5 lbs to go from a 60cc saw to a 90 cc saw.

Thinking about having the 562xp and 661 M Tronic. I know one is Stihl and one Husky. I like them both.

Anyone know the weight of a 441 filled with fluids, bar and chain?

It appears that the 661 is 18.4 lbs with all fluids and no bar and chain. I don't know what length bar, but the other thread attributed the bar and chain to 3.5 lbs with a total weight of 22 lbs.

Thinking about having the 562xp and 661 M Tronic. I know one is Stihl and one Husky. I like them both.

I don't believe there is a 24in. Techlite bar. I think they are available in 20in. & 28in. only.

Last edited:
At the end of a 14hr day 3 lbs will mean the difference between just feeling tired and being stiff and sore. I never trust the manufacturers claimed weight. They do all kinds of funny things like remove clutch covers etc to be able to advertise a lower weight.

At the end of a 14hr day 3 lbs will mean the difference between just feeling tired and being stiff and sore. I never trust the manufacturers claimed weight. They do all kinds of funny things like remove clutch covers etc to be able to advertise a lower weight.

They don't even bother removing stuff. They just lie. Marketing: how to make people buy stuff they don't need and how to lie without being sued...too often...

at the end or the day, 5 lbs is even worse. :msp_wink:

At the end of a 14 hr day, wouldn't a 50% increase in engine size and power allow you to cut 50% more wood? Seems like 20% more weight would be worth it. I know, I know, the amount of wood cut is dependent on conditions, but if you're in wood large enough for a MS 661 C-M with 28" ES LIGHT, I can't see how a 562 XPAT would even be in the same conversation.

Latest posts

Back