Tractor Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a beautiful piece of wood - would make some great milling. Shame to use it for cutting cookies but then I must say you are getting damn good at cutting those thin cookies.

Great sounding and cutting saw by the way. LOL

It is a shame indeed. I was saving this log to mill, but sacrificed it for this testing. There's more of it here though.

Or were you talking about this?
attachment.php

or

object>

Last edited:
Limb hogg???

Looks like it would'nt be to productive to me. looks like it would get broken easily. I don't know how many limbs I've cut from the skid-steer bucket. Worse part of my job.

What happens if that thing gets pinched by a limb? Did they even think of that? LMAO.

I want all the RPMs I can milk out of it. I'm just not understanding how the WJ-66 will help that. I'm certainly not saying it won't, just asking how it could.

I understand what you are saying/asking Brad. I think the limit would be if you did additional port work on this cylinder/piston (for more rpm) and your existing carb could not be tuned to satisfy the fuel requirement.

I know nothing about porting......but understand stoichiometric fuel ratio.

Waylan

So this was a 066 jug with a 385 piston? I was a member here during tgat time but must of missed it. Nice job so closed transfers are not as important as we think?.very neat build thanks for doing it. Wish the videos were available still for those that missed it.

What changed in the powerband? Would it be possible to do it again but leave the bridges in tact

It was a cylinder with a broken bridge, so this was my way of salvaging it.

I'm not interested in doing this again. Like mentioned previously, it's unlikely to improve over the stock configuration. Fun project, but not worth it, IMHO.

I grt it i just enjoy these outside the box projects. I am always intrigued by this stuff. Is there any other vids you have of its progress from initial start up to the wow farcor you got at the end of it. Is this saw still together built like it was or is it back to the to fastest 06y jug you had usued

Back