Traded for a 394xp.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinman204

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Long story short my good buddy whos a saw nut like most of us has been having lots of trouble with his 880. He falls and mills large timber so he runs big cube saws often and has a lot of money wrapped up in 880 bars.

I recently built an Olympyk 999 which just so happens to take large mount stihl bars.

So he was over yesterday and was eyeballing the big bad 999.

I ended up telling him to take it home and use it, I don't really need a saw that big very often and if I do I know where to find one :) .

He had 4 saws in his truck, and offered to trade for any one of them.. So ended up grabbing this fairly clean 394xp.

Its one of his big saws and runs real strong and is fairly low hour as he runs a 395xp more often then not.

Im pretty excited that he took the 999 as I know all the issues hes had with his 880 and his 084 is getting tough to keep running.

3Gto1jK.jpg
7PLxRoq.jpg
Gxk9Pkv.jpg

Anyhow, theres the saw, its pretty clean and all there. Runs strong, I have run this saw before so I know what kind of power it brings to the table.

I figure its a win win!

I'm guessing this saw is a 1994? Its early cause of the air injection symbol from what I read.

I didnt realise how heavy that 999 was til I picked this saw up. Wow, the 394 is probably 5 or 6lbs lighter. That means I'll probably run this saw more often as its only probably 4 lbs mpre then my 576.

Win win win!!

Just spent some time cleaning the 394, shes real nice under all the crap and grime.

This will be a nice saw.

I don't think I notice any power difference between this and the 999 I had. Infact I'll bet the 394 would win a race more often then not.

394s are beasts, congratulations! I wouldn't trade mine, also a 94 model, for an 880...

Yeah I agree. My buddy has lots of big saws, 395, 084, 880 etc.

He picked up this 394 last year locally and I went over there to try it. I was very impressed with the power to weight ratio.

I pulled this saw apart last night for a deep cleaning. The piston looks new, still has all the machining marks on it.

Should last me a lifetime.

Back