Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheriff Deputy Steven Rusk
State of Illinois
County of Rock Island
Non-Emergency phone 309-794-9111
What else would you like to know?
He coached my son in wrestling
He was a Illinois State wrestling champ in 1989 and 1990 at least

View attachment 990118Environmental issue was Iowa residents illegally dumping trash on the Illinois side of the river. Proof is in the pictures. Would you like a picture of the trash owners daughter as I have one (CLEAN)
Really?
What'd they do, load it up on a barge and chug across the mighty Mississippi just to dump a couple of chairs? :laugh:

A more likely suspect would be one of your own county residents..

Recycling drop-off sites closing in Rock Island County​

"The Rock Island County Waste Management Agency (RICWMA) has decided to eliminate the recycling drop-off sites in the county due to budget cuts.

The containers at the four current drop-off sites, hosted by East Moline, Milan, Moline and Rock Island, will be permanently removed on September 30, 2021."
https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/...drop-off-sites-closing-in-rock-island-county/
Maybe you should talk to your local "government officials" about reopening the dumps in your county.

Really?
What'd they do, load it up on a barge and chug across the mighty Mississippi just to dump a couple of chairs? :laugh:

A more likely suspect would be one of your own county residents..

Recycling drop-off sites closing in Rock Island County​

"The Rock Island County Waste Management Agency (RICWMA) has decided to eliminate the recycling drop-off sites in the county due to budget cuts.

The containers at the four current drop-off sites, hosted by East Moline, Milan, Moline and Rock Island, will be permanently removed on September 30, 2021."
https://www.ourquadcities.com/news/...drop-off-sites-closing-in-rock-island-county/
Maybe you should talk to your local "government officials" about reopening the dumps in your county.
I don’t think China will care what you want….

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrap...nable-start-up-makes-strides/?sh=126b3a845a56

Even worse…
No it's not, if it's purified by reverse osmosis, or uv.
Now, your basic bottled water, like "spring water" can come from a questionable water source, or even be someone's tap water.
The plastic bottles... that's another issue. :( I tried that argument with the local water board when discussing water fluoridation. Like China, they didn't care either.

No it's not, if it's purified by reverse osmosis, or uv.
Now, your basic bottled water, like "spring water" can come from a questionable water source, or even be someone's tap water.
The plastic bottles... that's another issue. :( I tried that argument with the local water board when discussing water fluoridation. Like China, they didn't care either.
RO is fine since they mix it back with pre-RO water…..UV is fine as long as chlorine is added.

Bottled water is regulated by states, so drink red state,water if you must….

You’ve had an off target effect on the trees and shrubs on your property. You have reason to be upset about it.
Turning the whole world of agro science up on its end is another matter all together.
I can guarantee you that you have products in your home that you use regularly that are much more toxic than is what is used on any field crop.
Settle down. Take it easy. Everything is going to be fine.

You’ve had an off target effect on the trees and shrubs on your property. You have reason to be upset about it.
Turning the whole world of agro science up on its end is another matter all together.
I can guarantee you that you have products in your home that you use regularly that are much more toxic than is what is used on any field crop.
Settle down. Take it easy. Everything is going to be fine.
Yes, you could be right about the chemicals in the house... but they weren't dropped in massive quantities on my property... and really, that's a ridiculous comparison.
I can settle down and take a tizzy (Lucy :laugh: ) but, you won't see me defending the current use of chemicals in agriculture.
And really, that wasn't my complaint to begin with; there wasn't a problem until the farmers chemicals invaded my property. A freak accident? Once in a lifetime occurrence? I hope so. Live and let live.

Like I said before, I'm happy as a clam here on my little oasis, not knowing all the evils of chemical herbicides and the farming industry as a whole - but, bring it to me and there's gonna be a fight.

Yes, you could be right about the chemicals in the house... but they weren't dropped in massive quantities on my property... and really, that's a ridiculous comparison.
I can settle down and take a tizzy (Lucy :laugh: ) but, you won't see me defending the current use of chemicals in agriculture.
And really, that wasn't my complaint to begin with; there wasn't a problem until the farmers chemicals invaded my property. A freak accident? Once in a lifetime occurrence? I hope so. Live and let live.

Like I said before, I'm happy as a clam here on my little oasis, not knowing all the evils of chemical herbicides and the farming industry as a whole - but, bring it to me and there's gonna be a fight.
The irony? You're alive because of said chemicals…lol

Quantity and toxicity are two ver different things. If done properly more quantity does not equate more toxicity.
You have a finding by your local authorities, a mode of action in which the damaged occurred. If there were some great environmental impact because of it believe me they would be looking to prosecute people.
I’m not looking to get in a pissing match with you, I’m only looking to quiet your fears.
Let it fall to something else and wait and see what happens in 6 months to a year from now. If you have dead trees you will have a case and be compensated for them.
In the meantime, there is not much you can do except sit back and wait.

Quantity and toxicity are two ver different things. If done properly more quantity does not equate more toxicity.
You have a finding by your local authorities, a mode of action in which the damaged occurred. If there were some great environmental impact because of it believe me they would be looking to prosecute people.
I’m not looking to get in a pissing match with you, I’m only looking to quiet your fears.
Let it fall to something else and wait and see what happens in 6 months to a year from now. If you have dead trees you will have a case and be compensated for them.
In the meantime, there is not much you can do except sit back and wait.
Yup, that's what I'm trying to do
... although I haven't received the final report yet.

View attachment 990118Environmental issue was Iowa residents illegally dumping trash on the Illinois side of the river. Proof is in the pictures. Would you like a picture of the trash owners daughter as I have one (CLEAN)
I've been studying a google map of the Mississippi river... you've got a lot of nasty neighbors across the river from you... Cargill Horizons, GPC, CHS, Bayer
https://www.mightycause.com/organization/Clean-Air-Muscatinehttps://www.corp-research.org/cargill
And you're upset over a couple of chairs?

Back