Tree Damage From Crop Spraying

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kentucky and southeast IL are the closest I have been to TN and in all those places a convienance center (store) was for fuel,alcohol,tobacco, and tp

I'm feeling slightly optimistic about some of the trees this morning. :)

Some of the poplars new growth looking good, other poplars, not so much.
Same with the white oaks; about half has decent looking new growth, but others don't.
New growth on the grapevine, too. :happybanana:
The red buds and one of the paulownia trees look bad; The sparse new growth on the red buds are shredded and deformed and the leaves on the paulownia are about the size of redbud leaves when they should be as big as a dinner plate. The paulownia tree on the north side of the barn looks like toast, the one on the south side (where the bad oaks are) looks better.
Just the opposite for the poplars - north side looks better than those on the south side.
New growth on maples looks okay on the silver maple, but a little iffy on the nice maple that got hit the worst.

...and I discovered something is doing excavation work in my barn. :rolleyes:
DSC06841.JPG

grape1.JPGmaple1.JPGmaple2.JPGpaulowina2.JPGpoplar1.JPGredbud1.JPGwhiteoak1.JPG

I am still waiting for you to back up the comments you made earlier and I asked about in post #416. Not sure why you have failed to do so but I suspect there is a good reason.

Like the man said, "Get over it and move on."
So you think it is acceptable to make completely false statements and when questioned simply either ignore them or say "get over it". That takes your credibility down even further. How is anyone to believe anything you say if you are not able to back up your claims?

I'm done with you. Go soak your head in a nice big vat of 2-4-D.
Another classic post by you.

Here is about 20 gallon of 2-4-D mixture that was sprayed on some trees, flowers, and bushes last night. It was even AMINE! I must be really lucky since there is such a shortage. Do not despair as i it was all Kosher. If you look to the right side of the mule you will see my buddy keeping a watchful eye so this "dum cntryfulk dnit" kill any non target items 13.JPG

So you think it is acceptable to make completely false statements and when questioned simply either ignore them or say "get over it". That takes your credibility down even further. How is anyone to believe anything you say if you are not able to back up your claims?
I have backed up my claims about several things; the closed "dumps" in your county and the fact that "convenience centers" around here are called "dumps" and dumps and recycle centers are one and the same.

I don't care if you don't believe anything I say. I don't care if you don't like me.
I've been here a long time, though not as long as you, and some members like me and some don't.
I'll just add you to the list that don't... and you won't be on my Christmas cookie list either.
Ya can't make everybody happy and I stopped trying a long time ago.
Btw, this obsession you're cultivating for me is getting very creepy. Might want to check that.

Did you need conditioner after using the 2-4-D?
:laughing:

So...
I decided to prune the grapevine.
I know it's not the right time, but it needed it badly and I figure plant energy would be better spent on new growth than on all of the poisoned growth.

DSC06843.JPG

Another classic post by you.

Here is about 20 gallon of 2-4-D mixture that was sprayed on some trees, flowers, and bushes last night. It was even AMINE! I must be really lucky since there is such a shortage. Do not despair as i it was all Kosher. If you look to the right side of the mule you will see my buddy keeping a watchful eye so this "dum cntryfulk dnit" kill any non target items View attachment 990597
I like glyphosate since it’s so safe…but I put a spray bar of the back of the rtv and spray the crap out of everything!!!!

Certain plants will react different, glyphosate (generic roundup) shouldn't affect woody tree trunks since it's 90% absorbed by the leave but spray it on the ground around some Confederate Roses and watch what happens. Spray around bees and they will leave the hive and look for a new home. Check your yard and see if you see bees.
Yeah! The honey bees are back... along with a few little bumbles. :happybanana:

Last time I mowed, I wanted to cut off all the poisoned clover flower heads and the violet leaves, to encourage new growth. The new violet leaves look healthy (they were damaged from the herbicide) and the yard is full of nice healthy clover flowers again.

"Clovers used to be added to turf mixes for it’s self-fertilizing talents until the weed killer 2,4-D was introduced; after that because 2,4-D killed it, it was labeled a weed."
https://www.yourgardensanctuary.com/replace-your-lawn/

Yeah! The honey bees are back... along with a few little bumbles. :happybanana:

Last time I mowed, I wanted to cut off all the poisoned clover flower heads and the violet leaves, to encourage new growth. The new violet leaves look healthy (they were damaged from the herbicide) and the yard is full of nice healthy clover flowers again.

"Clovers used to be added to turf mixes for it’s self-fertilizing talents until the weed killer 2,4-D was introduced; after that because 2,4-D killed it, it was labeled a weed."
https://www.yourgardensanctuary.com/replace-your-lawn/
aren’t you practicing ‘no mow May’ like all your liberal friends?

aren’t you practicing ‘no mow May’ like all your liberal friends?
I saw that posted on FB last week.
No. I'm working on it though with all the clover and violets taking over the yard :yes:

What makes you think I have liberal friends?
I know some people have to suffer liberal friends of their spouses, but I don't have that problem.

I saw that posted on FB last week.
No. I'm working on it though with all the clover and violets taking over the yard :yes:

What makes you think I have liberal friends?
I know some people have to suffer liberal friends of their spouses, but I don't have that problem.
You just have to suffer with yourself then…lol

Latest posts

Back