Tree Fallin' Vids at www.expertvillage.com

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to admit...

He got one thing down pat,,,making a dutchman with his face cuts......Pretty scary,,wonder how many people that dont know the diffrence and trys his ways and will end up gettin injured or killed... I dont usally say anything bad about the way someone does something,,but these vids is so wrong..

I would Gary but I am also reluctant to give out my e-mail address on a site that might not be safe. We have fried one PC already because of viruses and I don't need any pop up boxes showing up on my screen.

I might have this wrong but I am not going to take any chances.

Larry

I would Gary but I am also reluctant to give out my e-mail address on a site that might not be safe. We have fried one PC already because of viruses and I don't need any pop up boxes showing up on my screen.

I might have this wrong but I am not going to take any chances.

Larry

:agree2:

I was ready to blast him until it asked for my email, so I bailed out...

I say bomb him flat, using disposable email addresss from geurillamail.com.

It didn't verify my email address anyway, so entering an imaginary one may well work.

I've added some forthright comments to his increasing in-pile. Expert, my arse.

Watched the vid's,alot of safety issues there.My brother-in-law does that angled back cut but he starts his about 6 inches higher.I don't know why he does it,maybe he thinks the tree won't come back on him.He doesn't use wedges or ropes and the trees are 60 to 80 feet tall.I think I will ask him this week where he got the idea from.:givebeer:

Maybe I didn't see the one you were talking about, but sounded to me like he wasn't saying you can't get cut with chaps, just that they help protect you.

As far as email addresses, it's very easy to keep a hotmail account that you don't plan on using just for these purposes.

this guy must have trained the guy who left an attempted felling job i recently found . . . http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=79859 . . . i just figured the individual who tried to fell the tree i came across was an idiot, but it seems there is a "professional" out there training folks in such techniques . . . the guy in the vid was pretty pleased with the pecker pole's directional fall, using a rope!! i see stumps all too often on the forest with the evidence of these dangerous methods

Last edited:
"Tools needed to help fell a tree"

I wonder if that was the description in the classifieds? Cause, It looks like the ad worked perfect! They're a couple of *tools* alright! :laugh: :laugh:

Here in South Dakota, there's very little timber, just firewood. Well, I should say in the eastern side of the state anyhow, there is of course in the Black Hills. Anywho, I see stumps in the trees all the time that have angled backcuts, I don't think my dad ever felled one that way, and I never have either. I know about .05% about forestry compared to a lot of guys on here, but I at least try to be safe. I don't understand felling very well, I've only dropped probably 30 trees, all under 16", but a couple didn't fall quite like I wanted them to...I have looked on youtube for felling videos, and there are some good ones, but you have to dig through them.

"Hi, I'm Peter Francois, I'm a professional chef. Today I'm going to be showing you how to port and polish the oval port heads on a 1970 Chevelle 402 big block!" No thanks!

The scariest part is how many views each of his videos are getting, shear numbers is going to get someone hurt.

With over 40K hits for some of his vids, there are a lot of people digesting this stuff.

He dose indirectly include a disclaimer for the tree industry:

36352005126_l.jpg

George Finn is an expert in mechanical systems. He has a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is a licensed engineer and licensed home inspector. He holds two U.S. and European patents, one on a valve and one on a pump. After spending 13 years in the aerospace defense industry, George founded a Home Inspection company, inspecting over 11,000 homes. He is professionally trained in all aspects of home maintenance and repair, and his home inspections include heating, cooling, electrical, and structural systems of a building. He has repaired and built homes. He has been an expert witness on home construction in Berkshire District court cases.

This makes him a weekend warrior at best.

Back