Tree Fallin' Vids at www.expertvillage.com

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scariest part is how many views each of his videos are getting, shear numbers is going to get someone hurt.

With over 40K hits for some of his vids, there are a lot of people digesting this stuff.

He dose indirectly include a disclaimer for the tree industry:

This makes him a weekend warrior at best.
<---------- yup that is all he is
the part about be an expert is bs. i have viewed the videos and they are going to kill someone. he is trolling for the wild thing loggers out there in internet space:jawdrop:

:cheers:

Lots of unsafe doofs

Must be a lot of people around here watching it.
I see stumps all over with the angled back cut.

I couldnt get the thing to play what did he do face cut the front first and on the
back cut start hi and come down to the hinge i dont know what a angle back cut is.???

I couldnt get the thing to play what did he do face cut the front first and on the
back cut start hi and come down to the hinge i dont know what a angle back cut is.???

You see the stumps everywhere, look like skidder-tire traps. or like recliner-chairs.

Angle back cuts have been brought up a lot, and never an explanation that i have heard so far?

^^ it's not something you'd want to do. He basically notched the front with a lot of huffing and puffing, then started the back cut high and cut down almost to the hinge, leaving very little if any step. The notch was about 15 degrees at best.

his saw is blunt, or he hasn't touched the depth gauges, because he's spewing out powdery dust.

he's just an internet exposure whore. He's got another video showing us how to pull the spark lead off for servicing. pfft. just don't start it, dumb a5s. it won't start itself. If you've got poltergeists going about pulling the starter leads and causing mischief, they'll have the savvy to stick the plug lead back on, surely.

The only reason he's doing it is because he loves the exposure and telling people how to do things, despite the fact that he really doesn't know what he's on about. He may be an excellent electrical engineer but he should know the limits of his expertise better than he does, and not make a woman's willy of himself by spouting dozens of videos onto the web. He's probably watching his view count go up and up, pulling the end off it with joy. Idiot.

vids

MAN !! Is he dangerous. I've watched a few of his vids,and I'll tell ya the man ought to be arrested for false information. Sad thing is some novice is going to take this CRAP and try to apply these's techniques and leave a widow with kids to take care of. No difference than some BONEHEAD at Lowes or HD, who don't know what the hell their talking about trying to sell you a saw. Sorry about the RANT. The life you save may be your own.

What is that thinggy on his neck?

Really, I don't want to know.....

But is this one of his edits:

images_sizedimage_060174721.jpg

Learning is what it's about.

Like here......

Wrong!!!

object>

It fell, but I would have liked a bigger bar and not crawl into that notch.

Did that tree go the wrong direction? I couldn't tell what was going on with the two notches. Boring the face through the notch is common enough but I have never used a second notch for the backcut but then I don't have trees that big to fall.

Learning is what it's about.

Like here......

Wrong!!!

object>

It fell, but I would have liked a bigger bar and not crawl into that notch.

I've got to be an idiot!! I don't get it? Notch it on both sides and see where it goes?

There are a lot better ways to fell with a short bar than anything I saw there!!!

Yeah that dude at "Idiots help" has been around a while. I like loading the tree with a winch then make a face and backcut!! What is "Barbechair"? Anyone? Anyone?

Next catagory, what is "Hinge wood"? Anyone?

"We don't need no stinking hinge wood, it's so much more fun to chase it off the stump!":monkey:

Tell us that you aren't, and no more will be said.

Otherwise, you may as well have tried buggering a mad dog for all the joy it'll bring you ;)

(Edit: oh, the big tree vid, not the village idiot thread. I see, apologies.)

What is "Barbechair?"

it's "barbie chair", and it's harmless :D
412N1WVTY1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everybody quit pickin on me, that's right I'm the man in the video and all my advice and techniques are sound.:hmm3grin2orange:

Not picking on you at all, I respect felling that size tree, something I would pay to do. :cheers:

Is the huge notch to gain access do to not enough bar to span the back-cut?

I will admit that I would look like a center-line squirrel cutting the last of the holding wood regardless how much natural lean it might have, that's a lot of tree above you.

Back