tree monkeys 2153 deluxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The opening on the muffler is slightly smaller than the gasket. You can open the muffler up to the size of the gasket, but if you go bigger than that its a lot of work. The muffler is just a thin sheet metal shell up till you get to the size of the gasket, pretty easy to dremel the opening larger... after you get larger than the gasket it's reinforced steel, and its a lot more work to open up.

This thread was linked from another today so i read through it again. Thanks Scott.

I am mainly wondering how critical the ex opening between the port and the muffler is? This is a critical event, are there any guide numbers regarding how big the muffler opening should be or is it make it as big as possible?

I make it as big as possible within reason. need a sealing surface and wall thickness.

Yep, sure is, too bad scotts not allowed here any more apparently.
Scott can come here any time he likes, he was not banned but did ask to have his account cancelled, its still here and he did come back here and start another account under another site name.

Can we put this in the chainsaw sticky forum? Lots of good info here

Why would this be a sticky? The original poster isn’t even active on the site anymore.

Latest posts

Back