Tree vandalism why? how its done and ideas for prevention.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day more disappointment.
I planted this one with 20 others 3 years ago. They are just getting solid greening the whole street.
attachment.php
attachment.php

That one is easy.

Tattoo parlor didn't like the tree covering up it's advertising.

That one is easy.

Tattoo parlor didn't like the tree covering up it's advertising.

Yup most likely, but my on ground intel says a turf war between another tatt shop is starting up so tree soxed to better CCTv cam vision as three mounted on shop front.
These chaps aren't Sunday church goers so I,m not about to try n extract a confession or educate em about trees, was told that would be quite unhealthy for me.
They used to chain up their scooter (choppers) to tree other suggestion was a lost lock key caused tree loss.

OK....

Except for the fence....what kinda lazy dork goes through that kind of trouble unless they are paid by the hour and paid by the taxpayers?
Unreal, that one is!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Been coping a caning on this topic. Well I did ask & kinda expected as an area of strong opinions. Oh ta dinger the dork is me in the truck being directed by the City mayor. But yup ya right it does look pretty bad without an explanation.

So I,ll try n give the story to tell.

Your phone rings its your neighbor. He says impolitely with some abuse. You cut down your trees on your land at your cost cuz I don't like em.
What do you do...

Soon after some one comes in your garden and poisons 3 of your large trees with a drill n herbicide.

Later yer phone rings is your neighbor he says. The dead trees in your garden are a threat to his safety. If you don't cut em down hes gonna get legal and sue. They are now dangerous and your being negligent.
What are you going to do..

Well what I did was make em safe tying em up with orange para web n zip ties and left it for a while. Wrong or right I dunno. Many said yes good a few said no bad. What say you?

attachment.php

This thread still irks me. Police are investigating this?? Awesome. Two weeks ago, i find out my godson's mother's new boyfriend has been abusing him. What did the police investigate? The fact that the boyfriend somehow ended up in the hospital. This reminds me of that worthless show whale wars. Maybe if people spent time and energy on things that really are important rather than a tree, this world would be a bit better place.

Yup yer right there... I,ll try n get it back to my initial idea n drop the ref about simians.
Weekly I see acts of willfull tree vandalism, why do people do this??
I have shown a few response to deter. How would others do similar.
Tree vandalism is very emotional topic, some care, some don't. I,m cool with the debate but its a way big topic maybe for another thread this ones just to show how its done.

I have seen most of these pics before. Are you targetting someone? If I am not mistaken, OOMT might have something to say, or Ekka. What's your point?
Jeff :)

Some of this stuff is vandalism but some of it is just the way things go. Construction crews digging through troots in the first picture and cutting the tree to put up a fence or wires is the only way to get it done. The picture of the lone tree inside the orange fence in the construction zone is similar to somethiong I was involved with when we dug out for a new foundation and the tree is still alive after the project and looks even better than it did before. Not everything shown is vandalism.

S Construction crews digging through troots in the first picture and cutting the tree to put up a fence or wires is the only way to get it done.... Not everything shown is vandalism.

The only way, or the easiest and cheapest way to get it done, IF trees had no value to their owners? I'm guessing that you would not stand idly by while someone destroyed your property. Why then are tree owners supposed to tolerate willful tree destruction? :chainsawguy:

"in your pics, most are examples of potential damage occuring due to the trees proximity to construction or property improvements nearby."

True. Because they blocked a view from their new house. If your new neighbors entered your property and destroyed what they pleased, would you shrug and chalk it up to "proximity"?

That Christo piece is truly inspired--long may it wave.

O and re prevention--how about the deterrent effect of prosecution, fines and jail time. No worries from the AS keep-the-world-safe-from-trees crowd when the vandal's cellmate wants to enter the vandal uninvited--after all, the orifice is in proximity, and it's the only way to git'r done! :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Can you show me in the pictures where a property owner went onto someone elses property to destroy someone elses trees? What I see is the neighbors trees growing off their property and invading someone elses. Why is that acceptable? If their branches overhang my home or property, I have no right to remove them for my own safety and well being, regardless of the definition? I'll agree that nobody has the right to go onto private property or public property to destroy or damage a tree.

To explain this one. It was a nut-job bloke who attacked his house with an axe then moved on to the tree. The locals in fear called the cops. Who must of failed the "serve and protect" section of being cops, and did not turn up. They then called me, by that time the nut job after choppin awhile had run out of puff and moved on.
The house weeks after burnt down. The tree well perversely it still stands. It will go with a new home reconstruction. Till then kinda of an experiment in structure and Codit. Its a solid stout species, looks real wrong but is holding well.

No way, you can't be recommending that tree to stay, too much potential to do bodily harm imo.

Last edited:
To explain this one. It was a nut-job bloke who attacked his house with an axe then moved on to the tree. The locals in fear called the cops. Who must of failed the "serve and protect" section of being cops, and did not turn up. They then called me, by that time the nut job after choppin awhile had run out of puff and moved on.
The house weeks after burnt down. The tree well perversely it still stands. It will go with a new home reconstruction. Till then kinda of an experiment in structure and Codit. Its a solid stout species, looks real wrong but is holding well.

Dang! I hope I don't have to call you an idiot!
Jeff
Bad choice of words.

Last edited:
How can you fellers cry "removal" when you have seen only a small portion of the tree? Derwoodii is more than capable to make the call as the responding arborist.

This sort of state sponsored silliness is not technically vandalism...

attachment.php

photo by Syd Whittle, August 7, 2010

How can you fellers cry "removal" when you have seen only a small portion of the tree? Derwoodii is more than capable to make the call as the responding arborist.

This sort of state sponsored silliness is not technically vandalism...

attachment.php

photo by Syd Whittle, August 7, 2010

Well you may have a point but the compression side of that tree lost all support leaving only tension wood and by a sidewalk and roadway makes its lingering a threat to public safety imo.
Now as for state sponsored silliness happens every election day doesn't it?:dizzy:

Back