Treeslaying Illinois style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nonsense!
Don't tell me it doesn't get cold here. Arctic...no. But plenty cold enough to realize what it is like when it gets cold. We have a wonderful climate here: it gets as cold as Minnesota in the winter, and it gets as hot as Texas in the Summer.

By the way: those are beautiful pictures of the trees in the cold above. I would be very inclined to stop work and just look at it all.

I know, I know, I was just bustin ya chops, :D the temp. extremes are pretty drastic there, but I always liked that about VA, albeit much minor temp. swings, but still getting to enjoy both.

Me I like it hot, but this area here is SO beautiful in its pristine state, I do stop while up working and just marvel at it......but not too long, gotta keep the heat pumping..:cheers:

True that.

lotta variables, but condition's here are coming together. some areas in the outlying areas are well iced already, hard frozen ground and trees, and warmer (30 right now) temps with rain, and a temp drop tonight, maybe......

True that.

lotta variables, but condition's here are coming together. some areas in the outlying areas are well iced already, hard frozen ground and trees, and warmer (30 right now) temps with rain, and a temp drop tonight, maybe......

Crossin' my fingers for ya. :clap:

It takes quite a bit for it to be cost effective too. Most of the time you get a few jobs out of any event; last heavy snow we got a couple. Li'l Sis lives in an upscale 'burb, and she says that most of the damage is still hanging in the trees.

Doesn't look like a big enough storm area to be much, and around here I'm guessing people are used to hangers in the winter..................

Takes quite a bit of damage to be profitable, true. power outages are the giveaway to severity.

Show is on.

http://www.midam.org/Exhibit Locators/exhibit_locators.html

box_exhibit.jpg

:cheers:

Com Ed dropped power, we dropped phone and cable, and I wailed on it as usual. 90 minutes= up, down, and pole down.
left it all, took a load of dry tips for my fireplace.

This tree did freak me out some, lot of movement from the tree I was not liking, about that in a later post. dead ones suck, here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

good eye my brotha, :clap: I pulled it out with the throwball at the end.

got some awkward movement while moving around the big back leader, why 2 ropes and a lanyard at one point. My TIP was the lowering leader until I felt some torsion I did not like, so the lowering was out, bombing was in.

These oaks here dry out REAL BAD, FAST.

Thank God I can feel that movement.:dizzy:

nice work treeslayer.

home owner must be psyched to have that hazard removed and ready for the fire place.

thanks for the pics.

Back