TreeStuff.com Gaff Guardian

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice item. I've used similar ones before. I keep losing those little suckers. Now I just use 5/8 heater hose.

I've tried rubber hose, garden hose and a few other things, the leather short gaff ones with velcro strap do the job just fine

I'm going to give these a try since the guards that came with my Climb Rights lasted about a week before they poked right through the faux leather.

Cant beat heater hose. 1 foot will last you a life time. For only .58 cents. It never comes off unless you want it to.

The x2's are nice and light plus comfortable as spikes go. The adjustability of the shin pads is a great option to have. The storage bag is solid and they are mid range in terms of cost. I must purchase the longer gaffs for thicker bark and ivy covered stems.

I paid 230 shipped for them and they look new in the pics. Came with the tree gaffs. I don't plan on doing any pole work (unless you consider the size of my trees :) ).

Now I'm wondering what to do about a flip line.

I paid 230 shipped for them and they look new in the pics. Came with the tree gaffs. I don't plan on doing any pole work (unless you consider the size of my trees :) ).

Now I'm wondering what to do about a flip line.
Good buy, i'm glad i bought mine. I have a 5m half inch steel core. Might get a 3m in time for the smaller stuff.

I did a fair amount of rock climbing in my early 20's, but never got up trees other than hunting. I'm not sure if I'll ever transition to pro work in the canopy, but I have enough trees on my place that would benefit being topped before dropped that I want to learn it. Even pruning out a back leaner would be advantageous from time to time. Or setting a pull line... Lots of uses!

When I saw the spikes and what he was asking, I figured I couldn't lose. I can sell them if I don't like them, but I've yet to find someone who didn't suggest buying a set after owning them. They look solid and the pad system looks well designed.

Steel core is the common theme in my searches for flip lines. Does having a long tail get in the way on smaller stems? I can see where it'd be annoying if it was hooking around your foot. Is it an issue?

Latest posts

Back