Trimming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks J.P.S., regardless of our differences, I still wish all of you spurless guys good luck and hope you get to go home every day.

Crikey guys, by the time I got to the end of reading this I forgot what the topic was.

I got a warning from JPS for much less than this, what a mud slinging slagging match. At least I only pick on 1 guy, well used to is better.

Some other answers for the topic are, double wrap your pole strap on the limb you wish to go out on, the extra friction will keep you there.

Also, always carry an extra prussik and biner, you can use the other end of your life line, so if you don't have 2 ropes you still have 2 working ends on the existing rope. If there is no crotch out on that limb to run your rope thru you can use a running bowline etc to choke the branch and advance out on the single rope with the prussik keeping the gains you've made. Then just slide the bowline out further and same again ... your polestrap double wrapped to hold you there.

Use the two methods in conjunction.

Back