truck crane (update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyotencuttin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i've been using my crane but haven't used it much for wood this time. i brought my gas welder home from the farm. its a hobart 213 with Wisconsin twin engine. mistake. i blew out my hydraulic jack. i bought a 6 ton jack and mounted it up. but the jack doesn't go up quite as high as it used to. not a big deal, i can fix that. but i was moving some logs at dads house and i guess i picked up too much. i bent my crane.
oldandnew.jpg
the mast was 1/4", the crane upper was 3/16" and the mast that broke was 1/8".:dizzy: you are the weakest link!!:cry: so, i found some 3/8 x 3" od tubing.made it long enough to go down to my mounting plate so it isn't being held up with the mast.
crane2.jpg
welded it up and fit great. i added a thrust bearing on top to make it easier to swing around. works like a champ. now to try it out
bigglog.jpg
this is a 17" by 10'7" red oak log!!:clap: it didn't even give the crane a fit. the crane not being completely extended is the problem though. the log wanted to rub along the inside of the bed. but it worked and is working very well.not alot of the original crane is really left. but it is getting easier for me to move bigger stuff.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back