Trying out some new rigging gear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I remember when my stuff was shiny and new, enjoy! My wife always thought I was a dork when I first got going in this, every time I would get something new, I had to go outside and play with it............still do. Yesterday I was messing with my bucket truck, while wearing my climbing helmet on with the Go Pro on it..........recording, yeah Ima dork. People driving by probably thought I needed to wear my helmet outside all the time!

MackenzieTree,
I never saw a ring and ring friction saver used like that before (first 10 seconds of vid) and you Poison Ivy climbing line is side loading your caribiner. this configuration looks unconventional and real unsafe. You may want to get some formal training if you are unfamiliar with the equipment and its proper use. I am not bashing or insulting you so please dont take it that way, just calling out what I saw in the video.
Good luck and be safe
Scrat

MackenzieTree,
I never saw a ring and ring friction saver used like that before (first 10 seconds of vid) and you Poison Ivy climbing line is side loading your caribiner. this configuration looks unconventional and real unsafe. You may want to get some formal training if you are unfamiliar with the equipment and its proper use. I am not bashing or insulting you so please dont take it that way, just calling out what I saw in the video.
Good luck and be safe
Scrat

Gotcha, yea that was the first time using it just as a second tie in, use it with just the rope passing through thanks

Back